• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edmonton Pop Culture Comic Fair Oct 27 2013

27 posts in this topic

This Sunday was the fall Pop Culture show. It is a small one day show on Sundays twice a year: they do a spring show in March and a fall show in Oct every year.

My usual group Ryan ( Kimik ) , Brian ( 500club), Dave ( thehumantorch ) and myself ( Karl Artboy99 ) got the equivalent of 6 tables for this show as they are rather affordable. It is basically 100 bucks for an 8 foot table.

The show has several comic vndors and others such as toys, movies, and other old collectibles.

Here we are setting up

001_zps12f7c6f7.jpg

and our finished booth:

002_zps77e4887e.jpg

003_zpsa99c341d.jpg

017_zps92902398.jpg

This show is known for brisk sales of cheaper books. You do sell the occasional big book but most of your sales will come from lower value items.

My $2-$5 dollar bargain bins did very well, as did the 5-20 dollar table displayed books. Thehumantorch sold an Avengers 4 and I believe 500club sold an ASM 7.

My biggest sale was a Hulk 180.

Other vendors:

Tom's Treasures: This guy is at all the local Alberta shows and has a large inventory of dollar bins. He also has some stock of 10-30 dollar books.

018_zps93600bad.jpg

Mike: he also attends almost all of the Alberta shows with the exception of the Calgary Expo as it is somewhat expensive compared to these smaller shows ( 4 times the cost for a single table ). 015_zpsbacfd6f9.jpg

Damian:

He runs a store not to far from the location of this show. He has a large selection of back issues mostly in the copper age. Some great prices on his books, I picked up all the ASM 361's he had at 15 bucks each for NM copies.

012_zpse4d0eb34.jpg

016_zpsc64aeec7.jpg

Did you guys change your name? What happened to Colossal Comics?

(shrug)

We have never been Colossal..

Ryan's comic business is Citadel Comics and since he tends to book the shows for us ( and again thank you Ryan for taking care of that ) we are usually listed under Citadel.

Brian Dave and I wanted something with more pizzazz for a name, and after some deliberation we all decided on Clobberin' Time Comics. Once it was chosen I came up with the logo artwork, and had a 6 foot banner created for the top of my wall display rack. We have business cards also.

So I guess the correct answer is yes, some of us have changed name. :)

As Karl has mentioned, this is a small pop culture show. Records, toys, games, manga and of course comics. Mostly smaller sales - I only sold 1 wall book and Karl only sold 1 wall book (to me). We wouldn't do it if it was out of town but it's worth doing because it's inexpensive and only runs for a day.