• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graded, day 100

6 posts in this topic

Or, at least it feels that way...

My value tier submission has now been graded for 5 business days and should shortly be advanced to quality control. Obviously, with a value tier submission there isn't very much there that is uber-valuable to my collections, but there are three books for the go-go check collection and another for my Strange Adventures set.

Also, some books I selected for my buddy as a Christmas present for his shark covers collection are in there. He's going to be surprised. At least it appears that I'm not getting back any PLODs - everything appears to be blue label goodness.

It just feels like it is taking a million-billion-gazillion (sounds like a Richie Rich title, huh?) days have passed since the books were shipped off and I am getting impatient.

While I have been waiting, I did manage to recover my position with the #3 set in Strange Adventures...and I had some original art framed at the frame shop...and I ended up buying several of the DC leticular covers for villians month - with signature opportunities for the Bat-books at ECCC (hey - does anyone know what pens work on the leticular cover yet? - yes, I'm asking you Ronnylama, I know you were experimenting)...

Well - for now there is Halloween around the corner and after that, books should be shipped safe and I can consider my new grades. And then - well, then I need to save money for ECCC - because I have waaaaayyyy too much stuff for signature series this year, and we don't even have any really big names from the 70's or 80's yet - Klaus Jansen isn't that big a deal to me...

Well - we'll see.

Enough meandering thoughts for now -

Happy Hunting!

Lee K

14545.jpg

See more journals by Lee K

Yep the Graded for mine lasted quite a while for the last set. Went to Graded two weeks prior to NYCC and was just changed to Shipped today with an always welcomed email from Kim on the shipment of said comics. A few grades were lower than expected and three I will most likely crack open for a Sig or two and then send for pressing and slabbing shortly. to eak them back into those 9.8 goodness grades.

K

I have a modern tier standard thats been sitting at graded for about 15 calendar days now. Hoping to get it back by mid November. Awesome cover on that book. Its not everday you see a hero choke out a big predatory animal.

There's always been something about that particular issue of Whiz that I've loved.

:o. It could be the swimsuit