• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Angela's First Appearance in the Marvel Universe

11 posts in this topic

So here is Angela's first appearance in the Marvel Universe, in the last chapter to Age of Ultron.

I'll confess, I did not buy any of the first nine issues of Age of Ultron... I had no interest whatsoever. However, when the announcement was made back in May, that Angela would debut in the tenth issue of the maxi-series, I got my money ready.

Age of Ultron 10 had a number of variant covers, I believe five in total. I was only interested in the Joe Quesada illustrated cover, which prominently features Angela. There are two versions: a color wrap-around (see pic), and a black and white sketch variant. Both variants were expensive: $40 for the color and $75 for the black & white sketch. For the price of one b&w I decided to buy two color variants. My only regret was not waiting for a possible signature from Quesada before grading, but heck you can't have everything.

I'm hoping one day, this issue will be regarded as a major key as it is Angela's first foray into the Marvel Universe.

Today, Guardians of the Galaxy 8 will be released. I'm keeping my fingers crossed Angela will play a significant role against Thanos in the latest Infinity saga.

Thanks for reading!

SW3D

14546.JPG

See more journals by screenwriter3d

I have the exact same thing at CGC right now. Its been sitting at graded with the rest of my order for about 15 days right now. I liked the sketch but never inquired about how much my LCS was charging. But I got the color one for $20. It would be great to get a Quesada signature on this and a couple other things I have but I don't really see him listed at cons too often.

I'm surprised theres not a not mentioning Angelas first appearance in the Marvel Universe.

I submitted this one back on June, and got back to me sometime last month.

I was also equally surprised the comments failed to mention that it was Angela's 1st Appearance in the Marvel U.

But then again, they've failed to fact check and cross reference a lot of other keys. It is really dissapointing when you come to think of it.

I pay them for an exceptional service in all regards... I expect them to check on multiple databases to determine things like this. And if time is always the issue or crutch they use to say "we can't do this"... Then they are not the premier grading/appraisal service everyone makes them out to be.

I hope your issue comes back in mint state!

SW3D

I wouldn't hold your breath for age of ultron 10 to turn into a key book. Angela was prominently featured throughout spawn, yet her first appearance in spawn 9 isn't worth anything. Her being moved to the marvel universe had more to do with rights exchanging hamds than storyline.

I'm also surprised at their failure to note Angela's appearance. Only reason to own the book IMHO...

but maybe the storyline is good? I don't know. I have yet to read it.

But I do love Ultron.

I believe you read my last two rants about it... But I am still optimistic things will get better for Angela... at least I believe that. Why else would Marvel invest in the character? They must be planning something.

SW3D

Yes, they plan on making a fortune off reprinting Miracleman books and pursued Angela as part of the Neil Gaiman-Todd McFarlane kerfluffle. All of these characters got tied up in a Gordian Knot, with the best solution to get them into print to establish their position. Setting precedents and such. Possibly one of the reasons why none of Angela's history can be referenced, since it's potentially at least partly owned by the Toddler.

from wikipedia--

Marvels and Miracles LLC

In 2001, Gaiman formed Marvels and Miracles LLC, a company whose goal was to clear up the ownership of Miracleman long-term. In 2002 Gaiman sued McFarlane over his unauthorised use of Miracleman and the characters he had created for Spawn. According to Gaiman, the evidence presented in the course of the lawsuit revealed that the rights for Miracleman were not included in McFarlane's purchase of the Eclipse Comics assets. However, the court ultimately made no ruling on the Miracleman rights. McFarlane still claimed to own the Miracleman trademark.

In 2002, Gaiman wrote the 1602 series for Marvel. Gaiman's profits from this series went to Marvels and Miracles LLC to aid his legal fight over Miracleman. Gaiman's dedication in the collected editions of 1602 reads, in part, "To Todd, for making it necessary", presumably referring to McFarlane.

I'm also surprised at their failure to note Angela's appearance. Only reason to own the book IMHO...

but maybe the storyline is good? I don't know. I have yet to read it.

But I do love Ultron.

I thought the story was alright. Not Civil War awesome or anything but it wasn't absolute garbage either. The middle of the series gets to be a little rough but the end did bring lasting impacts. Which I'll leave out just in case I spoil it for someone.