• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sppoky: The Tuff Little Ghost

6 posts in this topic

This is one of the copies I was very much considering bidding on this week! but due to needing to save up for the cons next year, I made myself back off.

Congrats on the pickups!! I and my Fleas DO like that beautiful dark cover!!!!

Just a curious.

I tried to buy any book is the file copy like few ebay dealers but they do not have the files or documents.

Do you have any documents for this book before CGC will accept it as the file copy?

As I understand it, the "File Copy" designation is basically a pedigree indicating the book was kept by the originial publisher in their archives. This is why there are so many more Dell and Harvey File Copies relative to other publishers: once they went out of business their internal inventory was sold, usually in bulk to one collector. Because they never went through the regular distribution channels, File Copies are usually in relatively high grade, although some have "FILE COPY" stamped on the cover.

The same thing happened to Eclipse, whose entire inventory was bought by New Dimensions Comics - which is from where the "Eclipse Archive Edition" Miracleman came.

After Harvey went out of business in the 90s Diamond Distributors owned by Geppi purchased all their File Copies. So there isn't any documentation that goes with the comic designated as a "File Copy".

Geppi had a few fixed price list for some few selected ones back in the 90s, but, he never really sold any. Then starting in the 2007-2008 time frame Geppi shipped them all to Heritage to sell. The File Copies have been flooding the market ever since.

It's a great example of the Law of Supply and Demand at work. In the beginning before evryone knew there would be tons and tons of issues coming out, 9.6s were easily bringing $150 to $300 each and 9.8s were $300 to $500. Now you can pick up 9.6s for $35 to $65 and 9.8s for $50 to $125.

When I 1st started doing my Richie Rich set and sending in my early raw ones to get certified I was thrilled to get a 7.5 or higher. Now with the File Copies I've acquired nearly every issue in 9.4, 9.6 or 9.8.

142310.jpg.ae68ab9562f6e7751d6f60aab33ff850.jpg