• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1200 Silver Age/Bronze Age collection on eBay.

5 posts in this topic

I like this line from the description:

The collection came to me from the family of an avid collector who passed away unexpectedly. When his relatives called they were very hesitant to sell their loved one's prized comics but they really wanted to get the collection into the hands of someone who would appreciate them as much as he had over the years.

Thank god they got the collection into the hands of a cold-hearted flipper who didn't even bother to break up the collection and maximize the value - he probably paid by the pound... foreheadslap.gif

And obviously the relatives were really hesitant to sell the collection - they called a shark and let the whole thing go for what, maybe $800 ? Geez.

If nothing else, and assuming the tale of the collection's origin is even true, this is a graphic illustration of why you should have a will drawn up even if you think you're in perfect health.

"...and being of sound mind and body, I hereby allocate my worldly possessions as follows:

1) Comic book collection: Frankly, I don't care what becomes of it, as long as it isn't sold to Chuck Rozansky.