• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first sale...

9 posts in this topic

During the last few years i've been buying from time to time one or two extra copies of comics that i think might be worth in a short/mid therm period. Mostly i do this to have some interesting stuff for trade if a person is searching it/them and has something i'm looking for.

some days ago i started going throught the one long box i have of extra stuff and decided it was time to starting selling them little by little (if the right offer drops by), mostly because due to a few fans i've encountered on signing sessions and asked me for some lots/issues.

Well, yesterday, 27_laughing.gif, in my 20 years of comics fan i sold for the first time a comics lot, they were mostly:

avengers vol.3 nº1-40 (comics i received free from an old ebay transaction)

batman 612 second print (sketch)

half dozen of witchblade, fathom collected editions

+ the first half dozen of u. x-men run

all for 280$

what do you think? i was pretty happy for the sell (the fella presented me his offer and i thought to be a very good one) and the money really comes in handy at this time...and i really wanted to get rid of the avengers doubles, they were taking some space around here.

looks like those few years of putting some stuff away might help, and i still haven't went near the u. spidey, among other things (such as an ASM 129 - in F+)...

what do you advice me:

- sell stuff slowly in small lots or even one comic at a time?

- gather some bigger lots?

- when is the time of the year more "interesting" to be selling comics?

i'm hesitating on going on ebay since it takes a lot of time...possibly i'll sell outside ebay for now.

well anyway, just thought to share some good moments, laugh.gif even if they don't might happen very often, when they do it's nice...

regards, Pedro.

ps- who would have thought that afterall, comics have some value (joking)?! the key is to find the right buyer... wink.gif

SS

i totally agree with you...it's nice to have some money coming back from the small investisements and "ebay gifts" got over all this years of collecting.

it's also interesting the building up of lots/individual sales vs the timing to do it...something to do when there's some time to kill, 27_laughing.gif.

regards

Way to go, Pedro! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I wouldn't discount eBay....if you spend some time on the start up, laying out a template, organising an image host, getting feedback from the guys here, it's quite easy from there on in.

I think the key is the amount of preparation you put into it. Invest time on deciding how you're going to set up your auctions, what instructions you give out, when you'll list, who you'll ship to, etc., etc. and then all you do every time you list a new item is repeat the whole thing again.

I found the preparation time consuming and the future listings pretty easy.

Either way, best of luck! thumbsup2.gif

Congrats on your first sale, Pedro! I've been selling on eBay since 2001 and been selling comics on eBay since May of last year. FT is right- once you put in the preparation time and set up a template and selling preferences for payment and shipping, it really does get easier. I can usually list 30 to 40 books a day, which ain't too shabby for a part-time business.

Good job on the sale!

I just wrapped up my first sale yesterday when the guy confirmed he received his comic. I am very attached to my comics, but this was an Ultimate Spider-Man #1 White variant CGC at 9.8, so thanks to that sale I was able to buy 200-200 comics that are helping me fill up my full runs of Daredevil, Captain America and Iron Man. Of course, my wife limited my spending and made me spend some money on furniture for the house! frustrated.gif

I do have to say, selling on EBay is addictive, and a lot of fun! Unfortunately, most of my stuff is just from 1980-present, and I only have 1 issue of each, so I don't really have much to sell.

wow, 9.8 u.spidey white variant?! CONGRATS for the sell...

and thanks everyone else for the nice comments, indeed it's nice to sell comics, specially if they aren't from the eternally doomed 0.50 cents bin boxs land.

thank God for not collecting around the 90's, it might saved me a lot of money...