• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virgins posted by 109

7 posts in this topic

Have you ever had a Virgin?

I figured if I label this journal as a Virgin I would catch the attention of many a nerds. lol!!!!!

But, what I'm really here to talk about are Virgin Edition comics. I'm not sure how they got the name Virgin, but Virgin comics usually come without writing or labeling on the cover. The comics are variant editions, which are usually very limited. Most of the Virgin comics I have collected or scene usually have a really cool cover. Below is a picture of one of my favorite Virgin comics, the Witchblade #54 variant edition. I sent this comic to CGC to be graded and it received an awesome 9.8 grade. Hope you got a laugh. Thanks for looking.......

14556.jpg

See more journals by 109

I almost had a virgin but I stupidly let her slip away.

That cover is most awesome! Wow! Witchblade and Darkness looks so very cool! That is a very nice Variant there. And it's so unique not to see a Title, Issue Number, Cover Price or any of the typical comic book cover identifying markers .

Are Virgin comics sold at LCS's or are they special order or direct purchase from the publisher? How did you obtain yours?

Thanks for sharing.

SW3D

I have several. Mostly Red Sonja and Lone Ranger issues. I'm looking to get a couple of the Sonjas signed at ECCC, Cho did a couple, and Mack, and I font remember who all else...

Virgins are ok or at least they were back in the day. Always had to..... oh, comics...um, yeah nevermind.

So I have one from the Grimm's Fairy Tale line but I think thats about it. I do have to say that their are many times I wish they would use these as the Variant Covers. Most only buy variants for the cover anyways and really who in their right mind pays the premium for a 1/200 sketch just to read it. To me this should be the rightful standard of a variant comic.

But yeah, now, Virgins no more for the other conversation.

All comic books should be like this, pure like the freshly fallen snow. At the price we are paying I feel any and all UPC codes should fall to the wayside and be placed on the back of the cover. If I am paying four dollars for a book which includes a cover, then give me more of it.

Beautiful book by the way.

All comic books should be like this, pure like the freshly fallen snow. At the price we are paying I feel any and all UPC codes should fall to the wayside and be placed on the back of the cover. If I am paying four dollars for a book which includes a cover, then give me more of it.

Totally agree with this.