• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Russ Heath Survivor Series Round

Russ Heath Survivor Series Round 7  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Russ Heath Survivor Series Round 7

19 posts in this topic

In Round 6, we voted off:

Battle Action 15

showcase 29

showcase 45

Uncanny Tales 23

War Comics 23

We are voting for our least favorite here. :gossip:

From this process of elimination, here are your top 5 Russ Heath covers!!

AAMOW94_zps0dfcc053.jpg

gicombat80_zpsc2599da7.jpg

journeyintounknownworlds49_zpsf81079ba.jpg

marveltales130cropped_zpseb9cd928.jpg

starspangledwarstories81_zps843f2f2b.jpg

Please, everyone, vote for your least favorite. (thumbs u

I'm very happy with the top 5 books here. Not surprising to find some war books.

All 5 books are really fantastic and are killer, IMO. (worship) Russ.

My choice this round, Marvel Tales 130. It's now on my radar to pick up, but it's my least fave of this bunch.

We'll see how things play out, but I wouldn't be shocked to see GIC 80 and Marvel Tales 130 as the final two and perhaps even MT 130 winning. There's a great deal of love most genres other than war books on these boards.

:popcorn:

The MT 130 is my favorite..... even though it looks more like an Everett cover. I voted off the SSWS due to the unrealistic perspective...... a rarity for Heath. The color scheme and dynamics of it are still incredible..... but I had to find some reason..... I love them all. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Everyone likes sci-fi and it is easier to vote off their least favorite war comic since they are more heavily represented. Especially when the themes are almost identical.

SSWS doesn't match up to the other two strafing planes for me

agreed

I've always had the SSWS as being the top cover in my mind. But seeing the others posted in a line like this, changed my mind. I voted off the SSWS

The JIUW cover is awesome, but I had to go Marvel Tales. I've never seen another one like it. The perspective is awesome, the detail is there, and the clouds and sky really set it off. Marvel Tales it is for me! ;)

Just a reminder, in the very small chance that you can't read, we are voting for our least favorite books here. (thumbs u

Was there ever any doubt this would come down to SSWS 81 vs GIC 80?

Personally I prefer War 23 to either of them, but Atlas war doesn't get the same love the Big 5 books do.

Looks like I was wrong about SWSS 81 - maybe a backlash from the sci-fi horror comic fans?

Was there ever any doubt this would come down to SSWS 81 vs GIC 80?

Personally I prefer War 23 to either of them, but Atlas war doesn't get the same love the Big 5 books do.

Looks like I was wrong about SWSS 81 - maybe a backlash from the sci-fi horror comic fans?

After what I said in the previous round, you'll know I'm one of the culprits here. :)

The MT 130 is my favorite..... even though it looks more like an Everett cover. I voted off the SSWS due to the unrealistic perspective...... a rarity for Heath. The color scheme and dynamics of it are still incredible..... but I had to find some reason..... I love them all. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

(thumbs u

[font:Comic Sans MS]

I own one piece of original art.... and it was drawn by Russ Heath.

Love me some Russ Heath :cloud9:

Thank you Andy for starting this thread (worship)

Journey into Unknown Worlds 49 and Marvel Tales 130 are both officially ON THE LIST!

I am a War Comic guy, but I think the champ (G.I. Combat 80) could be going down here...

Great job as always Andy!

[/font]