• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirkman Outcast/Valiant..I will see you in COURT!!???

29 posts in this topic

This whole thing strikes me as funny. As much as I think Valiant has a strong legal and would win if pushed, the fact remains that more people probably read this month's latest issue of Kirkman's Walking Dead than have ever read that Outcast one-shot.

I own a copy since I was a huge Valiant nerd/completionist and I'm 99% certain I never read it either.

This whole thing strikes me as funny. As much as I think Valiant has a strong legal and would win if pushed, the fact remains that more people probably read this month's latest issue of Kirkman's Walking Dead than have ever read that Outcast one-shot.

I own a copy since I was a huge Valiant nerd/completionist and I'm 99% certain I never read it either.

How many people currently read WD vs. all of the new Valiant titles combined? (shrug)

I am not trying to be facetious here, but I am too lazy to do the work myself to see how they stack up.

While I was happy to see the relaunch, the only early title I have left in my file is X-O, and I am enjoying the new Eternal Warrior run but did not add it to my pull list in case it drops off. The other titles lost my interest a few months back......

So what if WD is read by more. Valiant was first to name.

Its like you starting your own comic and then Marvel starting one with same name.

Since they are bigger they should be able to take name?

So what if WD is read by more. Valiant was first to name.

Its like you starting your own comic and then Marvel starting one with same name.

Since they are bigger they should be able to take name?

Nirvana got sued once they became big. There was another band with the same name that no one knew. I'm pretty sure that unknown band got PAID. It's all about being first.

How many people currently read WD vs. all of the new Valiant titles combined? (shrug)

I am not trying to be facetious here, but I am too lazy to do the work myself to see how they stack up.

The new Unity #1 has close to 70k orders so I would say they are doing pretty well.