• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ian

8 posts in this topic

Hi - I've just joined the Board and hope I'm doing everything correctly?

I've seen the following auction on ebay (under 2 days left) & wondered if anybody new what the 'A' means, and what 'GP analysis' is? Also, how you can assess the value of a comic once CGC have given it a grade:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2276455652&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Ian

Welcome to the boards, Ian. We have another "Ian" on these boards who lives in the U.K. He's a DC completionist who's one book away from having every DC comic (31,000+) ever printed. Don't worry, you won't be expected to top this achievement for at least 3-4 months grin.gif

To answer your questions:

The "A" refers to amateur (which in turn refers to the kind of restoration work done on the comic in question).

GP Analysis is a comic book sales tracking service (available by subscription) that reports on the latest sales of CGCed books (and also provides historical sales data for comparing and projecting pricing trends). Do a search for "GPA" and you should find some good threads to browse through.

Actually, it is our Ian.....he's just starting with Marvel Comics.

Seriously though, Ian, ....WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

Red Hook

I can see the subject of the thread in the Comic's General now...

50,000 to go...