• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about www.comiclink.com

6 posts in this topic

Hello hi.gif, and apologies ahead of time if this seems like a newbie question.

how reliable is www.comiclink.com for purchases? Is it a good place to find comics, or should I stick to EBay?

I understand that comic link allows people to sell their own comics, but do they have a way of guaranteeing that the seller will send you the comic?

Any kind of advice would be truely appreciated.

You send the check to comiclink the seller sends the books to comiclink and they forward it. If you send money and don't get the books, he'll give your money back (or should) so you don't have to deal with the seller (and you can't deal with the seller for better or worse) I sold $8k in Supermans, a little slow and the 10% fee is a real drawback but there you go.

Ed

Hello hi.gif, and apologies ahead of time if this seems like a newbie question.

how reliable is www.comiclink.com for purchases? Is it a good place to find comics, or should I stick to EBay?

I understand that comic link allows people to sell their own comics, but do they have a way of guaranteeing that the seller will send you the comic?

Any kind of advice would be truely appreciated.

ComicLink is great for buying and selling books. The seller doesn't get your money until you have the book in hand and the return period has expired. I've never had a bad experience buying or selling on ComicLink, except once when I thought I'd won an item and it turned out that Comic-Keys had beaten me to the punch (which wasn't ComicLink's fault, really). I would be a bit more careful about buying raw books than slabbed books, but from what I understand, Josh (the owner) checks the raw books before he sends them on to you and if they don't look like they are graded accurately, he'll call you. All in all, it's much safer than ebay.

Comiclink is an awesome way for collectors to sell books and collectors to buy books. Sellers get 90% of current value which often is the highest price ever paid to date. Buyers advantage is the safety factor: CGC books are of course jusr as advertised, and raw books get Josh'd once over if the seller has overgraded it.

Only issue is over greedy sellers who start their books off at sky-high prices and wont budge ... preferring to wait for that "special sucker", er, um customer, out there... but they eventually lower the prices in order to move the merchandise.