• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Birthday Steve Ditko!

5 posts in this topic

Today, November 2, 2013, comic book legend Steve Ditko turns 86 years of age.

Many of you know him as the co-creator of Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man. Others also know him as that eccentric artist... a savant with a black and white view of the world. Still others know him as a follower of Ayn Rand's Objectivism.

Hopefully history will see him as the way I see him... a man with a brilliant imagination.

Whoever he is, and where ever he is, I just want to thank him for giving the comic book world such magnificent and often very weird heroes.

I have my Ditko favorites beside Spidey: The Creeper, Doctor Strange, The Question, Mr. A... and perhaps dear reader, you'll reply with your favorites and some beloved memories from reading these and other wonderful Ditko creations.

Mr. Ditko... Happy Birthday!

14586.jpg

See more journals by screenwriter3d

Let's also not forget all of the great stuff he did while working for Charlton.

There are hundreds of covers and stories that he contributed which are extremely

Difficult to find in high grade because they used such poor quality paper in the early to mid

70's. I will post a few covers later today or tomorrow. Happy birthday Steve :)

I still love it. Thanks for the picture.