• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncanny 317

34 posts in this topic

For the $5 I spent on one last week, I'll put it with the pile of other comics and see what happens. Right now it's not pricing much more than a modern comic at most LCS locations so pick it up if someone else hasn't already.

Anyone know the deal with the red stripe vs. the foil stripe? It doesn't appear to be a 2nd print nor newsstand copy, but I only see 1 for every 20 or so foil covers.

I believe the red stripe denotes it is a 2nd print. There are other comics with the red stripe.

It's not a second printing. It is simply a standard version of the issue that retailed for $1.00 less.

^^

I had picked up a few recently for $1 each, now wondering if Joeypost can press holofoil covers.

:lol:

-slym

slym, is this a practice that needs perfeccting ? i was thinking of just putting a thin towel over the book and putting an iron to it .....

have a marvel preview star lord that is rolled i was going to practice on

also does cgc know it is pressed ? would it effect the grade ?

I had picked up a few recently for $1 each, now wondering if Joeypost can press holofoil covers.

:lol:

-slym

slym, is this a practice that needs perfeccting ? i was thinking of just putting a thin towel over the book and putting an iron to it .....

have a marvel preview star lord that is rolled i was going to practice on

also does cgc know it is pressed ? would it effect the grade ?

Don't do it!

2elvx9f.jpg

He is right - leave it to those who know how. If anything you can try putting lots, and I mean LOTS of weight down on it for a LONG time, but the heat and bit of moisture that a "proper" pressing adds makes things go easier. Send the to Joey... if he can do that to holofoil. I need to ask.

hm

-slym (will let you know what he finds out)

I once got about 3/4 of the spine roll out of an old comic simply by putting it under some heavy boxes for a month or so. it was unpresentable before and then looked pretty decent.