• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Tales 110 CGC 9.4 Northland

9 posts in this topic

So the 9.6 Ped is 3x as much as a 9.4 Ped with WP screwy.gif I guess highest census and all that garbage comes into play. I happen to own a solid mid-grade and even though I know its Dr.Strange's 1st app. I was curious as to what some others thought about this book. Personally the fact that he is not on the cover and IMO its a pretty weak cover always seemed to give me the ho hum attitude about this book - I'm sure its the grail for Strange fans, but I always confused-smiley-013.gif about this book.

So the 9.6 Ped is 3x as much as a 9.4 Ped with WP screwy.gif I guess highest census and all that garbage comes into play. I happen to own a solid mid-grade and even though I know its Dr.Strange's 1st app. I was curious as to what some others thought about this book. Personally the fact that he is not on the cover and IMO its a pretty weak cover always seemed to give me the ho hum attitude about this book - I'm sure its the grail for Strange fans, but I always confused-smiley-013.gif about this book.

It's 3X more because the 9.6 is 10X nicer than the 9.4. I also don't like the way the top edge is at the top rail on the 9.4.

It's quite possible that he would reduce the price.

On that note I have a CGC 8.5 that I need to upgrade to a CGC 9.0 (or better) if anyone has one. wink.gif

Regarding 9.4 to a 9.6 or to a 9.8, it really depends on the book. There are only a few collectors who shell out the big bucks for those upper echlon keys in those grades, but when they want the book, the skies the limit.

blush.gif

I do believe the list of those people is actually getting shorter as time goes on. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm sure its the grail for Strange fans, but I always about this book.

It is also a key book for Steve Ditko fans. He did some absolutely incredible work on Doctor Strange and it mostly goes unnoticed because he only drew ONE Doc cover in his entire Strange Tales run.

For shear creativity and artistic brilliance I think it is every bit as good as his work on Spider-Man. cloud9.gif

I'm sure its the grail for Strange fans, but I always about this book.

It is also a key book for Steve Ditko fans. He did some absolutely incredible work on Doctor Strange and it mostly goes unnoticed because he only drew ONE Doc cover in his entire Strange Tales run.

For shear creativity and artistic brilliance I think it is every bit as good as his work on Spider-Man. cloud9.gif

I would dare to say it is even better... He always went totally out of control with the strange inter-dimensional environments. Something that the Spider-man books simply doesn't let him do.