• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALEX + ADA by Jonathan Luna

172 posts in this topic

I just re read all three issues. I got so much more out of it. Alex's mundane life is perfectly explained with the non-wordiness of the story. It was heart break, then work. Alex is machine-like, he is a clock that "ticks" to work and "tocks" to home. Any element of humanity, he seems to ignore and machine on. He had very little chance to mourn after his heart break. There is a lack of human emotions that usually accompanies a heart break. Then, an android, which is not a human, begins to pique Alex's curiosity and the philosophical musings begin. The beauty of the paradoxical story is that the questioning of what is the difference between existing and living is sparked by a non-living entity. The overhanging situational irony is beautiful. Then, the last page of issue 3 is a beautiful full page wide open shot. A symbolic page for the opening of the mind and the beginning of his quest, a hint of Prometheus. I am along for the ride here. There is truly more than meets the eye here.

+1 :)

I'm going to try it out basd on the recommendations I've received from boardies. You're right, most of the Luna's stuff has been good/great but not everything has to go up to make it worth reading or I would've dropped Jupiter's Legacy by now. lol