• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALEX + ADA by Jonathan Luna

172 posts in this topic

I really, really liked this first issue. I'm surprised how much I enjoyed it. Cool pace and feel...slow but appropriately slow.

Im hoping it's not just a love story, it would be cool to see all aspects explored in a futuristic AI society

Enjoyed the first issue, hopefully this series is even 1/2 as good as Ultra, Girls, or The Sword!

Speaking of Ultra. I just scored a 9.8 #1 yesterday on feebay for the measley price of $9.99. I got beat out on the sword which ended at $30. If anyone has been sleeping on the Luna brothers, give their trades a shot. They have put out some good stuff.

I havent read Whispers yet though. That's on my to read list.

I havent read Whispers yet though. That's on my to read list.

Whispers is great. Way under-rated.

I thought this #1 was pretty good. Definitely an intro issue but I agree with whoever said that luna bros can take ordinary situations and make them interesting. In for more, for sure. Is this a mini? If so, how many issues?

looked like it was lacking dialog when i flipped through it at the shop. passed on it.

TBP - it does lack dialogue, but in a good sort of way.

part of the atmosphere they are establishing is a futuristic world without much verbal dialogue. Plus much of the relevant info that the reader needs to understand the setting is in the background art.

I'm a fan of well written dialogue, but this style approach appealed to me for some reason (thumbs u

I thought this was great. Like someone said earlier, it plays out like the first act of a film. I was moved by Alex's character development; a largely relatable protagonist whom I legitimately empathized with. I must admit though that the art wasn't fantastic but it doesn't take away from the story. Definitely looking forward to reading issue 2...