• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's an odd question - do people ever trade books for art? If so... any tips?

68 posts in this topic

Well, Bill, was talking about comic books vs OA... that's one thing.. you made it personal 2c

Perhaps it was a misunderstanding and you thought it was a personal attack but knowing Bill I'd almost guarantee you he was talking about the relative merits of comics vs OA and disagreeing with your stance, but not attacking you as a person :foryou:

Anyways, I guess I'd better butt out.

No need to butt out, Dan.

If Bill had a problem with my post and needed clarification, further explanation or simply wanted to debate the merits of one form of collecting over another, I would have been happy to discuss this further.

No mention was made of comics vs original art in his throwaway comment (which effectively suggested that I was talking nonsense . . . making it personal).

I only come into the OA forum once in a while to do a little reading and this is the second time I've seen you unleash on someone unprovoked. The last time was a couple of years ago and I genuinely felt sorry for the guy.

You asked a question (specifically "does that make sense") and you received a reply ("no it doesn't") and then followed up with Kindergarten comments.

Personally, I think you over reacted. Again. Just my 2c

Well, Bill, was talking about comic books vs OA... that's one thing.. you made it personal 2c

Perhaps it was a misunderstanding and you thought it was a personal attack but knowing Bill I'd almost guarantee you he was talking about the relative merits of comics vs OA and disagreeing with your stance, but not attacking you as a person :foryou:

If Bill had a problem with my post and needed clarification, further explanation or simply wanted to debate the merits of one form of collecting over another, I would have been happy to discuss this further.

No mention was made of comics vs original art in his throwaway comment (which effectively suggested that I was talking nonsense . . . making it personal).

I only come into the OA forum once in a while to do a little reading and this is the second time I've seen you unleash on someone unprovoked. The last time was a couple of years ago and I genuinely felt sorry for the guy.

You asked a question (specifically "does that make sense") and you received a reply ("no it doesn't") and then followed up with Kindergarten comments.

The response I received, "It makes ZERO sense, since you asked", should really have elaborated in a little more depth - to give me the opportunity to address any issues Ciorac had with my contributions to this thread.

But, in all fairness to you, yes, I do sometimes over-react to such posts where I believe a slight is intended (whether real or imagined).

In retrospect, I regret the response I made, which should have been more diplomatic and less inflamatory.

I have my off days.

Pot, meet ket... ... aw forget it! :slapfight:

Well, it seems like Terry is a collector of comic art and a reader of comic books, but not a collector of comic books, hence the disconnect to owning any vintage comics or placing any collector value on them.

Terry has been a collector of vintage comic-books. Terry spent the best part of thirty years collecting vintage comic-books. Terry no longer collects vintage comic-books. Terry sold his vintage comic-books. Terry respects people who collect vintage comic-books. Terry would not collect vintage OA if Terry did not like vintage comic-books.Terry is now happy to collect reprint comic-books. Terry has already mentioned all this. ;)

Terry can dunk.