• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Larkin Sketch Opp: 10 spots only

10 posts in this topic

I am proud to announce 10 spots available for sketch cover commissions from legendary cover artist.... Bob Larkin.

FIRST EVER SKETCH COVERS BY LARKIN

Head: $250 + extra cost for background, additional character Etc. (Plus grading and shipping)

Full Figure: $350 + extra cost for background, additional character Etc. (plus grading and shipping)

Inking is extra please inquire

Painted Cover: $600 plus grading and shipping

Bob will also be signing books for $20 plus grading and shipping..

You supply all blanks

For those who are not failure with Bob's work he was Marvel's go to guy for painted covers in the 70 - 80's, his body of work is amazing.

I pulled this quote from the introduction of Bob Larkin's book the Savage Art of Bob Larkin, by Joe Jusko, as he wrote about breaking into the comic book industry

"The one thing I did know is that I wanted my work to look as perfectly composed, rendered and eye catching as the guy who painted so many of the great covers for Marvel Comics' b&w magazine line... "I want to be Bob Larkin" I told myself. There were several artist who seemed to be getting more attention in the field in the late 70s, but I was captivated by the life like quality in Bob Larkin's work.....

"I want to be Bob Larkin"

I said it 30 years ago.

I still say it today."

~ Joe Jusko

Here is a link to Bob's cover work:

Bob Larkin's cover page