• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If anyone out there collects Classic Illustrated from the '40s
1 1

185 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2024 at 10:35 PM, jmg3637 said:

As my Four Colors near completion, I went back to first printings of classics.  Because of the organization I did six years ago I was able to do a couple of nice trades at the SFV  con today.  Picked up at least 20 of the yellow marked issues.  Will have to recode this to green.  

That’s a mind blowing accomplishment. As a kid I studied the latest Overstreet like the Bible and was always amazed at how many four color titles there are. Classics Illustrated are pretty cool too. 

image.jpg

Using the long holiday weekend  to scan, and likely  rebag  my recent additions.  

Also have to enter them into my various tracking systems

I actually only got  12  first prints at the show.  I am still missing 55 firsts.  Unfortunately most of the first printings  were well read over the years and are in pretty low grade

sometimes the HRN was actually used as intended

CI41HRN41.jpg

CL41HRN41BC.jpg

CL87HRN87.jpg

CI87HRN87BC.jpg

CI35HRN35.jpg

CI35HRN35BC.jpg

While organizing comics over the long weekend, I found several more Classics that I had gotten from MCS in the last year.

They probably have the best inventory in the   industry, and CERTAINLY have the best organization system for tracking wantlists

CI United Nations .jpg

CI United Nations bc.jpg

Hello, I'm trying to figure out some values for a few Canadian editions of some early Classic Comics/Illustrated. I understand that they are rarer than their US counterparts. There are a few sales but I could not find any. These have the Canadian indicia showing Toronto. Any help is appreciated.

20240714_085743.jpg

20240714_085820.jpg

20240714_085921.jpg

AS soon as I started focusing on the Classics First prints  I have been able to greatly improve my collection of them.

Picked up Several from Bedrock at the Torpedo (pre SD) con.  Also got one from Harley.  and all from trading.

After a visit to Houston  I was able to get several more from BEDROCK  and now I am down to only 36, most of which are the very early issues

Sad to see my eaConsolidatedwantlist824.thumb.jpg.bb5c3397b3a72f5a6eebcca8bdbfa301.jpgrly entries in this thread were wiped out by photobucket.  Glad I finally paid for a couple of months and downloaded everything from there.

CI 162HRN162.jpg

CI 162HRN162BC.jpg

CI 160HRN159.jpg

CI 160HRN159 BC.jpg

CI 155HRN154.jpg

CI 155HRN154 BC.jpg