• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I sell all of my Hulk 271 and buy MP7s ?

47 posts in this topic

I personally would rather have the MP #7 since that's Rocket Racoon's first true appearance. And to everyone saying the ship has sailed on it, we'll see what happens when the first trailer is released and kids see there's a talking Racoon superhero now. Disney and talking animals has been a proven winner in the past. hm

I agree. Reality is no-one knows how high this is gonna go. It is certain that right now is not the top, but it could come in the time before the premiere. Or if GOTG becomes really popular and a new craze and grabs everyone... then the comics will flare up hugely ..movie sequels get made..and so on..and the key books will keep going up in price.

Before the first Spider-man movie, just imagine how many said "the ship has sailed on AF15. books like SC4 and so on... not to mention the golden age heroes will always be more valuable than Spider-man..hehehehe".

But as we saw AF15 kept rising up through the ranks of other silver age books. And now that seems like it was inevitable.. but at the time it wasn't.

I would by the way also much rather have the MP7. But personally I am not putting money into it now because although it may go somewhat or a lot higher...some of the increase has of course happened. I would right now rather go for the ones that have not seen any or little movement yet.

I definitely agree with you, we don't know if these books will skyrocket or tank. I'm leaning more toward tank myself but I have been known to make mistakes...from time to time.

My question is (and I have had a few drinks tonight so my comprehension may be off) are you saying Spider-Man books like Amazing Fantasy 15 got hot because of the Tobey McGuire movies?

I think these books are being passed between insufficiently_thoughtful_person speculators, and that there is essentially no one that is actually interested in owning these books for the long term.

The last person with these books loses, or "the devil take the hindmost"

I have often thought this about movie hype books. I just haven't been able to say it so succinctly.

I think these books are being passed between insufficiently_thoughtful_person speculators, and that there is essentially no one that is actually interested in owning these books for the long term.

The last person with these books loses, or "the devil take the hindmost"

I have often thought this about movie hype books. I just haven't been able to say it so succinctly.

That could be true. On the other hand Rocket Racoon is no more childish or uninteresting than TMNT. If anything the whole GOTG environment is much much cooler and interesting long term than some extremely childish turtles living in a much more simplistic universe. So if anyone could be interested in these turtles then I guess the GOTG universe has a much better chance at being successful.