• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I sell all of my Hulk 271 and buy MP7s ?

47 posts in this topic

So Hulk 271 is one of the comics I have picked up many copies of. It was the second book I researched since starting to collect again and was not aware of marvel preview 7 being the actual "first appearance" of RR

My question is should I sell all of the Hulk 271 s I have and buy Marvel Preview 7 s with the money, or will both of them go up or down relative to the value they are at now ?

They are both good investments at the moment. The fact that MP7 is a mag and not a standard sized comic will ensure that Hulk 271 remains highly desired. The Racoon centric cover of Hulk 271 also helps.

I personally would rather have the MP #7 since that's Rocket Racoon's first true appearance. And to everyone saying the ship has sailed on it, we'll see what happens when the first trailer is released and kids see there's a talking Racoon superhero now. Disney and talking animals has been a proven winner in the past. hm

I sold all of my Hulk 271's and my MP7 mag. I honestly wouldn't buy either as well.

That said if you do actually want to buy either my choice is MP7.

-true first appearance of RR

-far superior/ cooler cover.

In fact to be completely truthful I acquired my MP7 when I did purely for that awesome cover, I had no idea it was RR's first appearance.

So Hulk 271 is one of the comics I have picked up many copies of. It was the second book I researched since starting to collect again and was not aware of marvel preview 7 being the actual "first appearance" of RR

My question is should I sell all of the Hulk 271 s I have and buy Marvel Preview 7 s with the money, or will both of them go up or down relative to the value they are at now ?

Do you have to choose? Maybe you should keep your Hulk 271 AND buy Marvel Preview 7

I personally would rather have the MP #7 since that's Rocket Racoon's first true appearance. And to everyone saying the ship has sailed on it, we'll see what happens when the first trailer is released and kids see there's a talking Racoon superhero now. Disney and talking animals has been a proven winner in the past. hm

I'm still holding on to my 271 waiting for that first trailer and I'll just have to see what happens. I think we're too far into things to still be trying to pick up either of these as real profit makers but we'll see

The ship has sailed on both.

I think we have one more spike left, and that is when the trailer comes out. At that point - it becomes a gamble to whether his character becomes wildly popular or not.

I think these books are being passed between insufficiently_thoughtful_person speculators, and that there is essentially no one that is actually interested in owning these books for the long term.

The last person with these books loses, or "the devil take the hindmost"

Spin has been that RR steals the movie... if it's a hit I don't see how demand won't increase on these books, especially since for most people the movie will be their first introduction to the character.