• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help with my DMFL #1

7 posts in this topic

I'd say FN 6.0.

If you take some WonderBread to that back cover, it would clean up pretty nicely I suspect, and then you'd have a FN+ 6.5 on your hands smile.gif

Wow! Are we looking at the same books??? insane.gif27_laughing.gif

I'd say FN 6.0.

If you take some WonderBread to that back cover, it would clean up pretty nicely I suspect, and then you'd have a FN+ 6.5 on your hands smile.gif

27_laughing.gif, I though a 5.5 was a bit harsh myself. I know it can be tough to grade your own books but I thought this would be an easy F+, maybe F/VF. Maybe the black cover make it tougher confused-smiley-013.gif

Okay, in my defense - not that I'm feelin' defensive, ya unnerstand...

I see a lot of non color-breaking creases on that cover. Combine that with the downright filthy back cover, and I'm assuming there's even more going on with the front cover than the scan depicts.

Add to that the fact that this is a BA book, and I'm confident that 5.5 is a pretty solid estimate.

Could it come back a 6.0 ? Absolutely. But I find that if I take my initial impression and drop it half a grade (or more in some cases for late BA and MA books), I'm in the "CGC Zone."

Check my track record on these boards - it's pretty solid.

I'd say FN 6.0.

27_laughing.gif, I though a 5.5 was a bit harsh myself. I know it can be tough to grade your own books but I thought this would be an easy F+, maybe F/VF. Maybe the black cover make it tougher confused-smiley-013.gif

The beauty of dirt on a book is that it really shows whats going on . . . you may be able to clean it, but it isn't going to take away the creasing. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Black covers ALWAYS look worse in scans than in real life sumo.gif