• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California Comic book Convention 2014

48 posts in this topic

Excellent show, Terry. You put on the best show in SoCal far superior to SDCC and even Wonder Con. In fact, you oughta do two of these a year--perhaps one every six months or so.Didn't have much time to talk comics with you; you were always so busy.

Excellent show, Terry. You put on the best show in SoCal far superior to SDCC and even Wonder Con. In fact, you oughta do two of these a year--perhaps one every six months or so.Didn't have much time to talk comics with you; you were always so busy.

I'm with you Steve,should be a twice a year show. :wishluck:

Considering that I have never made money on the show part,( after 8 years) once a year is more than enough. It may never have occurred to many of you but the reason this show is special is I limit its size and try to only get comic book and comic art dealers. This limits the number of people that will pay the $10 to get in and keeps it a real comic show with few if any Cos-play people and very little non-comic related stuff.

The attendee are mostly all real comic collectors that are there to further their collecting interest.

After the room rentals, Advertising, Guest expenses, raffle items and my show and booth staff costs, I have never made enough selling tables, admissions and raffles to cover the operating costs. Yes, without my table sales of comics it would be a sizable loss for me. Fortunately I have always been able to sell enough at my table to keep me wanting to do another show. For me, it is a labor of love, but I am un-willing to do it more than once a year. How many times a year should I be willing to loose money putting on an old school show??? To all who attended over the many years, thank you, You support keeps it going at least once a year. Terry O. Promoter CalComicCon