• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How did Richie Rich become so rich?

26 posts in this topic

Rich as dirt because his family was so rich. Of course, one night all that came crashing down on the little snot when he and his parents walked out of the Monarch Theater after watching The Mark of Zorro.

Now he's not so happy these days.

I like to think that the current mythology of Richie Rich is that he's a boy wunderkind, outrageously adept at derivatives trading. He has a near magical ability to sense the top of the market and gettin' out when the gettin's good.

Or perhaps he's trading on his blonde hair and good looks with rich European heiresses and their aristocratic sensibilities to give himself the easy life.

Both are equally believable in my book.

Just thinking about this again over the weekend and I seem to recall a magazine called Harveyville Fun Times, or something along those lines. Anyone know who the authors/editor are? Perhaps I would be able to contact them and tap into their keen knowledge of Harvey lore?

Any help would be appreciated.

I've been re-reading some of my Richie Rich comics and I came across some key highlights such as the 1st Dollar the dog, Irona the robot maid, Prof. Keenbean, Mayda Munny, etc.

The stories are whimsical and charming, interesting. But I always wondered how the Rich fortune was made. (shrug)

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Youngest ever Columbian drug lord