• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

30 in 30 -- Day 14: Claire Voyant

4 posts in this topic

She's a mystery to me.

When I got the Gerber Photo Journals a few years ago, I came across many great covers I never knew about. One such series in particular that caught my eye was Claire Voyant, a series of books from Pentagon Publishing in 1946. I've always been fascinated by film noir, I even dig the style of dress cloths from the time period. There looks to be only four issues for this series, the cover to #1 stands out to me the most.

What is it about the color combination of green, red and yellow? This cover shows how such a combination works, I also like this cover for the figure study it provides, a woman in thought. I wonder what she is thinking. I wish to write to write more, but the 30 journals in 30 days is starting to drain me, I lack to creativity to give Ms. Voyant the journal she deserves, it has been a long day after all, I will let the cover speak for itself for now. I shall return to this soon but I need the rest for now, see you tomorrow.

Brandon

14673.jpg

See more journals by Brandon Shepherd

I could think of so many funny things about that cover but it would probably get me banned from the journals.

It's tough to write day after day, much less write something with substance as opposed to just space filler.

I think you've done a remarkable job up to this point... But I will push you along with some topic ideas for journals:

Favorite Comic Book Toy Tie-In: GI Joe, ROM, Micronauts, Transformers, Shogun Warriors, He-Man, Atari Force or other?

Favorite Clash Between Superheroes? Hulk Vs. Thing, Thor Vs. Silver Surfer, Captain America Vs. Daredevil, Captain America Vs. Iron Man, Superman Vs. Shazam etc

Bring 'Em Back: B-List Superheroes that needs a second shot at an ongoing series!: Moon Knight, Werewolf By Night, The Creeper, The Demon, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, Simon Garth the Zombie, Nexus, Zatanna, Adam Strange.

Fashion Faux Paux: The Worst Dressed Superheroes/Ugliest Costumes! Gladiator (Superman Knock-off with Mohawk), 3-D Man, Wonder-Man, Giant-Man, 1st Captain Mar-vell, Booster Gold, Ragman, Doc Samson, Any Legion of Superheroes.

Hottest Superhero Love Interests: Lois Lane, Lana Lang, Selina Kyle, Iris Allen, Carol Ferris, Abigail Arcane, Jane Foster, Mary Jane Watson, Gwen Stacy, etc.

Do Military Comics deserve a second shot?

The Greatest Comic Book Runs of Each Age.

Comic book Villains You Want To See as Superheroes (If Doc Ock could do it, why can't they?)

Superheroes That Would Make Great Villains!

Just some ideas... not brilliant... but something.

Maybe some other readers could throw out ideas for an interesting journal entry?

SW3D

Thanks for the list of ideas! I wasn't about to give up but I had nothing in me last night, like I said, it was a long day, the kind of day that merits a stop to the liquor store after work. I see where the journal could use some grammatical editing as well but I think I'll leave it as is, this is after all a documentation of what I'm thinking and feeling in November, 2013, reading the journal this way will remind me of that. I'm looking forward to a new day, thanks again.

B

I've had plenty of days where a trip to the liquor store was the end result... so totally know what that is like.

I've also had my fair share of writers block and the lack of energy and desire to write anything, much less look at a blank computer screen.

I admire your dedication... looking forward to another journal entry.

SW3D