• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Umbral

23 posts in this topic

Yeah I have a feeling this series will read much better in bunches than month to month and that the story will start making more sense by the end of the arc. This has all been a flurry of exposition and action but once the dust settles I feel like it's gonna be a great ride.

Read issue 5 just to see if the story is going somewhere. They finally explain the history of the Umbrith - which, in my opinion, should have been done much earlier.

My biggest gripe is the multitude of characters. It's still a little tough to discern who is who and what is what.

All that aside I will most likely continue on with this book because the theme appeals to me.

I agree with the sentiments above. We finally got some much needed explanation but there's still a lot left in the air. Hopefully by the end of issue six things are totally clarified and people will be able to pick up the first trade and then continue with the floppies. I suspect this book would be doing better though if it had gotten to this by issue 2 or 3 instead of issue 5. I'm sure a lot of people just gave up and spent their budget elsewhere.