• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winter tale, written by Barks, starring Droopy

8 posts in this topic

There is no doubt that Carl Barks was a master of his craft. The "good duck" artist became famous while being anonymous because his work was so appealing. I have wondered over the years, if the stories he wrote but did not illustrate, reflected any of the creativity of the duck man that Carl Barks was known for. I have no idea who drew this story .... but it was written by Mr. Barks and it definitely has that Carl Barks flavor to it.

A big HUZZAH to anyone who can tell me what book this tale is from :grin:

droopybarks1_zpsd31249e8.jpg

droopybarks2_zps1f27414b.jpg

droopybarks3_zpsf8e9f1a8.jpg

droopybarks4_zpsd32d5245.jpg

droopybarks5_zps14520b8a.jpg

droopybarks6_zps75ac6c2a.jpg

droopybarks7_zpsc8afa9d7.jpg

droopybarks8_zpsdb0ae4a0.jpg

:applause:Duffman was always one of the best in the “Name that Comic” game on the Comicscorral. Duffman, I still have that Star Wars #1 you won in one of those games. PM me your address and I’ll send it to you.

It's a shame they don't make kid comics these days with 'feel good" stories. Not too many heart-warming stories nowadays. My little daughter would enjoy those types of stories. Senormac, thanks for posting the story. It brings me back to a more innocent age where these kind of stories were more common, even considering the crime and horror comics that were around then.

:applause:Duffman was always one of the best in the “Name that Comic” game on the Comicscorral. Duffman, I still have that Star Wars #1 you won in one of those games. PM me your address and I’ll send it to you.

It's a shame they don't make kid comics these days with 'feel good" stories. Not too many heart-warming stories nowadays. My little daughter would enjoy those types of stories. Senormac, thanks for posting the story. It brings me back to a more innocent age where these kind of stories were more common, even considering the crime and horror comics that were around then.

Gawd :blush: do you have a memory lol

The cost to ship a single book over the Pacific is prohibitive, so I therefore absolve you of any and all responsibilities in this area.

Unless you've got something else I could buy :devil:

So many of Barks' best stories revolve around "frontier" type situations - the Old West, Darkest Africa or in this case Alaska/the Yukon (with the allusion to the original Iditarod "race").

I guess it's a reflection of both Barks' experiences and interests.

I'm surprised how fast someone got it. How'd you do that duffman ?

I was thinking how much that big dog statue in the first panel looks like Huey Dewey and Louie's dog Bolivar which is a Barks thing too :)

I'm surprised how fast someone got it. How'd you do that duffman ?

I was thinking how much that big dog statue in the first panel looks like Huey Dewey and Louie's dog Bolivar which is a Barks thing too :)

Holy *Spoon*! That is Bolivar! Nice catch! (thumbs u