• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25%

2 posts in this topic

5 of 20

Or

130 of 520

There are days and even months that the go-go check collection expands by leaps and bounds, and other months where if doesn't do anything at all..it jus sits there, mocking me.

But the years have produced some successes in the set. Earlier in 2013 I finally surpassed the 1/4 mark. That's right, I now own one in four of the go-go checks, slabbed, and excluding those copies that are less than an 8.5, or restored (not every purchase has been a winner)...

I have tracked down books from all but eight of the different series that I need books from, and of the ones I don't have, the absence of Green Lantern, Sugar & Spike, and Superboy are a matter of choice. One easily remedied.

Of course, there are many runs that I only have a single book from, and many of those will become the very last books I secure, simply as a mater of scarcity.

Earlier today, I considered whether it would be feasible to capture a single image of all of them, to show them off, but that idea has been shelved as not attainable for the moment, although I do have an idea how to get there one day...(bigger room).

But as a played with laying out my books, I also rediscovered the successes I have had, one run is complete, and another is complete if I ignore that one issue is a 7.5.,.

And the big run, Action Comics is 25% complete as well. I know I could complete Action by throwing money at it, but there has to be something more than just throwing money away...I have to find them, to hunt them down, and secure them for the set.

I did, on the other hand, manage to get an ok shot of my Actions all together to share.

Happy hunting!

Lee K

14685.jpg

See more journals by Lee K