• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

Preacher 1 will be the book to get. The preview is as its title suggests, which tend to hold much less in the eyes of collectors (based on a sampling of me). What all the kids should be scrambling for is the first issue.

I <3 Preacher. Such a great story.

But was the Preview sold on shelves, given out as an Retailer incentive, was it thrown into Previews or something back in the day? A FCBD sort of thing? Where did one pick one up when it was released?

It's an 8 page (if you count the front & back cover) preview with a color cover (the same as Preacher #1) and a b&w interior. As far as I remember, it was a Previews catalog insert.

It predates both Absolute Vertigo and Preacher #1, and, as far I'm concerned, it's the book to get - much, much harder in 9.8 than a regular Preacher #1, with a tiny print run to boot.

Preacher 1 will be the book to get. The preview is as its title suggests, which tend to hold much less in the eyes of collectors (based on a sampling of me). What all the kids should be scrambling for is the first issue.

But was the Preview sold on shelves, given out as an Retailer incentive, was it thrown into Previews or something back in the day? A FCBD sort of thing? Where did one pick one up when it was released?

It's an 8 page (if you count the front & back cover) preview with a color cover (the same as Preacher #1) and a b&w interior. As far as I remember, it was a Previews catalog insert. hm

It predates both Absolute Vertigo and Preacher #1, and, as far I'm concerned, it's the book to get - much, much harder in 9.8 than a regular Preacher #1, with a tiny print run to boot. :cry:

Thank you! :foryou:

It's an 8 page (if you count the front & back cover) preview with a color cover (the same as Preacher #1) and a b&w interior. As far as I remember, it was a Previews catalog insert.

It predates both Absolute Vertigo and Preacher #1, and, as far I'm concerned, it's the book to get - much, much harder in 9.8 than a regular Preacher #1, with a tiny print run to boot.

Schmidty, as we've discussed before...

I concur without hesitation. The Preview was one of the hardest modern finds for me in 9.8

Not selling the one I have, it was one of those FINALLY moments!

Just curious... Before the news broke how much was preacher issue 1 going for?

$10-$20 - $40 in that range

I bought a few raw copies for $30-40 about a month ago.

So what's going to end up being THE book to have if Preacher comes to fruition, the Vertigo preview, the NN Preacher Preview, or Preacher #1?

I was wondering this as well. hm I was so happy to get my Preacher #1 9.8 and then saw someone throw up a Preacher Preview and thought - :ohnoez: Another I need to get?! :cry:

What IS the Preacher Preview anyway? (shrug)

It's a preview but it is a stand alone issue as opposed to be ing included in another title of the day. #1 is the book to own.

Same here - took me forever to get one for my personal collection.

For comparison purposes, here's what the two books look like:

preacher-1-cgc-9.8-ss-f.jpg

preacher-preview-cgc-9.8-ss-copya-f.jpg

The #1 is usually the one that reflects being sought after in price though. Doesn't WD have Preview books with the difference of being contained in another title. You likely have more Previews than I do Michael but I personally have never valued it higher than #1.

I can't wait for the inevitable "Preacher #1 club". :ohnoez:

Another type of "Preacher #1 club":

PREACHER1p17.jpg

PREACHER1p24A.jpg

TV show or no TV show, very happy to have these.

Any early Saint of Killers pages?

The #1 is usually the one that reflects being sought after in price though. Doesn't WD have Preview books with the difference of being contained in another title. You likely have more Previews than I do Michael but I personally have never valued it higher than #1.

I think it makes a large difference that this is a self-contained "issue" and not a couple of pages added to another book - I'd value the Preview at least 2x what a regular #1 goes for and probably even more in 9.8 :shrug:

I have about the same copies of both - I just personally favor the Preview, because #1s have always been very, very common.

Interesting. I probably have more copies of Previews but's that's only because I've found it has a much smaller market. I also tend to have it thrown in for collections or on the cheap raw.

lol

I don't know about the heavy hitting but Michael and I "talk shop" frequently. This is one of the titles we both enjoy although I was unaware he was hoarding the Preview. hm

Any early Saint of Killers pages?

Here's a pretty early one (from issue #4):

preacher4p7a.jpg

Got it from Andy Diggle, who got it from Steve Dillon back in 1996...for $65.

I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more pages come to market if a show actually gets made. The guys who bought pages for $65 will do really well.

I think it makes a large difference that this is a self-contained "issue" and not a couple of pages added to another book - I'd value the Preview at least 2x what a regular #1 goes for and probably even more in 9.8 :shrug:

I have about the same copies of both - I just personally favor the Preview, because #1s have always been very, very common.

I certainly respect Michael's opinion, but I disagree - #1 is a book; the Preview is an advertisement. :popcorn: