• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

This book's price inflated sky high because certain people in our hobby predicted the show would be the next WD. Hence the x2, x3 projected prices. Those who believed it are insufficiently_thoughtful_persons, and they will always be insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

The show is not Walking dead, I dont think the directors of the show wanted it to be either. Its a good show nonetheless, and a good book to own.

But despite the harsh tone of the nay-sayers of late about this series, its not a bad stock, nor is it a bad show. Certainly not a bad book

Its just not Walking Dead, stupid.

+100000000

UNLESS you absolutely need the $$, it is never a good idea to run in auction. BUT people do all the time. I've done much much better in bin/bo type scenario's. I literally sold a card for about $100 more than one in auction, all within the same day.

Yup.

Between Sept 1st and Sept 18th, Universal 9.8's have sold as high as $695 and as low as $406.

That is $9 away from an even $300 difference between an auction price and a BIN price, within a span of 2 weeks and change.

The $406 sale ended on the same day (within a few hours, actually) as auctions that ended on ebay for two other CGC Universal 9.8's.

Why anyone would run a book in auction, when the show is between seasons, is beyond me, for starters.

For added hilarity, a CGC SS 9.8 (Ennis, Dillon and Cooper sigs, no sketch) also ended on the same day.

The SS 9.8 is the only 1 of the 4 9.8's that closed at a decent figure, which was $1276.

I think by the time season 2 rolls around in 2017, the book will have crept back up to an average point of $800 in 9.8 blue.

AMC promoted the eff out of Preacher, from the marketing they have done with announcing season 2 was a go with 3 extra episodes when season 1 was barely a few episodes underway... I'd have to believe that Preacher will be on the air for quite a few years.Intil the storyline runs its' course i.e. Jesse meets God and He is held accountable.

Arbitrarily, call it 8-10 issues per season.With 13 episodes slated for season 2, my bet is that Naked City and All In The Family are adapted.

I'd also say that the iroduction of Herr Starr is made in the last episode of season 2 as a cliffhanger/plot device for season 3 starting off with The Hunters adaptation.

It took them 10 episodes to cover (kind of) the material in Preacher #1-3.Preacher had a 66 issue run with 5 or so 1 shots, along with a 4 issue Saint mini-series.

All of that is just my guess though, but I would bet good money that Preacher runs for at least 7 years on AMC.Hell, maybe closer to 10 years.

I don't think Preacher will ever reach the levels of the WD, which is now a 3K book in 9.8 blue....but I think it will get about half way there.WD keys, with the exception of #1, surely do see a fairly sharp to moderate lull when WD is off the air.In previous years, WD 1 has dropped off considerably in GPA.Now that the show is established as it is , WD 1 prices don't drop between seasons.

WD is still an ongoing series, opposed to Preacher's 66 issue run....and as long as the public is obsessed with zombies, Image will continue to publish the WD and AMC will have material to milk milk the storylines for as many years as it can.

WD has no end point in sight, other than moving onward to the next town and killing more zombies.As such...well, a show about the cast being chased by zombies can pretty much run indefinitely.That is why it is a 3K book in 9.8 and I would not be surprised if WD 1 became a 5K+ book by the time the first WD show runs its' course on AMC.

I'm curious to see what the auction for two 9.8 PGX slabs of #1 closes at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Preacher-1-9-8-NM-MT-White-Pages-AMC-Show-Coming-2-of-them-for-sale-/361740587629?hash=item54396b526d:g:WCgAAOSwLVZVrGQb

It was at $55 intil an hour ago, today is the last day.$610 + $50 for shipping, now.

The seller has some negatives for subpar packaging/shipping....I was hoping that would scare away bidders and the auction would close super low.

I woulda loved to crack 'em, press if needed and sub 'em to CGC. :shy:

Ok, this question has been bugging me:

How come Cassidy doesn't die when SOK shoots him(#3pg18)?

Who has a good explanation?

Cassidy's undead. :sumo:

That answer doesn't work for me (tsk)

Then why would God & the devil (Nick) be afraid of SOK? Is Cassidy stronger than those two? hm

The only conclusion I come up with is it is a *spoon* up from early on and they just let it slide.

Then why would God & the devil (Nick) be afraid of SOK? Is Cassidy stronger than those two? hm

The only conclusion I come up with is it is a *spoon* up from early on and they just let it slide.

No, he's not stronger, remember when he fell out of the plane some 10 or 20,000 feet up in the desert? He was laid up for a while if I recall . . . he's not beyond damage, and he takes some time to heal. perhaps it wasn't a fatal wound (intentional or otherwise). It would be dead meat to kill a protagonist off so early in the run. :grin: Not so much a fcuk up, than early character development . . . what issue did God finally get around to appearing? It was pretty late in the run. hm

No, he's not stronger, remember when he fell out of the plane some 10 or 20,000 feet up in the desert? He was laid up for a while if I recall . . . he's not beyond damage, and he takes some time to heal. perhaps it wasn't a fatal wound (intentional or otherwise). It would be dead meat to kill a protagonist off so early in the run. :grin: Not so much a fcuk up, than early character development . . . what issue did God finally get around to appearing? It was pretty late in the run. hm

God shows up within the first 10 issues (at Gran'Ma's house).

I think you're mixing up the tv show and the comic, which isn't fair since I've only seen 2 episodes of the tv show. In the comic Jesse falls from the plane. I know Cassidy can be hurt, but a shot from the SOK's pistols is supposed to be fatal. I'll have to find that reference, probably somewhere in the SOK mini, but that is how he is able to kill Nick (the devil).

I'm thinking it was an early goof.

God shows up within the first 10 issues (at Gran'Ma's house).

I think you're mixing up the tv show and the comic, which isn't fair since I've only seen 2 episodes of the tv show. In the comic Jesse falls from the plane. I know Cassidy can be hurt, but a shot from the SOK's pistols is supposed to be fatal. I'll have to find that reference, probably somewhere in the SOK mini, but that is how he is able to kill Nick (the devil).

I'm thinking it was an early goof.

You certainly may be right, as I haven't watched the show (waiting for Netflix), and it's been at least 5 or 6 years since I read the entire run. I'm a binge watcher/reader. :grin:

Or, it's possible that the SOK's guns destroy the soul...so the living would be destroyed as well as the spiritual entities those that died and ones that exist entirely as spirits on another plane...but someone who died and returned from the dead would be neither living nor dead, and perhaps lacking a soul....like a vampire.

I'd just say the guns don't kill vampires. Plenty of things don't kill vampires. God is another kind of entity who's subject to his own rules. He's clearly not the most physically powerful creature in the preacher universe since he's scared of Jesse/Genesis and is killed by SoK.