• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

It sounds like everyone is "poo-pooing" the Absolute Vertigo" issue. This comic may have been published after Preacher Preview, but it came out before Preacher 1. Is Absolute Vertigo just a Preacher Preview wannabe?

Meck

For years, Absolute Vertigo was the Preacher book. The Preacher Preview was not well known about, at all. Once the PP came more to the forefront, the fact that it came first in time and that it has the complete cover, made it the premier Preacher book to have and the Absolute Vertigo book became the red-headed stepchild. I still like it and think it is cool, because I remember back when it was a wall book. lol

I remember it as a wall book too but you couldn't give those things away once the Preview took hold.

It's an odd book because it predates preacher 1 but is not the first appearance of any of the main characters. I never see it cheap where I live and the usual sources online are dried up. I hope it commands decent money down the road just as much as i hope Vertigo Defy does when someone options The Wake.

Saint of Killers :baiting:

Good point.

I don't see the saint of killers anywhere in the comic file. Absolute previews the first four pages of issue 1. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm very excited about this! Preacher has been my all time favorite series. While I first read Preacher through the TBPs, I'm glad I got a few copies of the early issues. Aside from a couple extra copies of #1, 2, and 3 these are my babies...

There is only one 9.8 in the bunch but they are all rocking the Signature Hat Trick - Ennis, Dillon, and Fabry!

20131122_074402_zpsc66568c8.jpg

I'm very excited about this! Preacher has been my all time favorite series. While I first read Preacher through the TBPs, I'm glad I got a few copies of the early issues. Aside from a couple extra copies of #1, 2, and 3 these are my babies...

There is only one 9.8 in the bunch but they are all rocking the Signature Hat Trick - Ennis, Dillon, and Fabry!

20131122_074402_zpsc66568c8.jpg

Way to be ahead of the game (thumbs u