• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

I think this just shows how much of a fan base there is for the title. We're prices impacted by a TV announcement? Of course but it impacted so fast and so much that for me it shows how many fans there are of the book.

Or how many speculators in training have been created because of boards like these?

:hi:

lol

I think this just shows how much of a fan base there is for the title. We're prices impacted by a TV announcement? Of course but it impacted so fast and so much that for me it shows how many fans there are of the book.

Or how many speculators in training have been created because of boards like these?

And that may be part of it but there have been many other examples this year and the book didn't increase like this.

And that may be part of it but there have been many other examples this year and the book didn't increase like this.

I have always thought that there is a split between on spec speculation where people buy based on reading articles and boards online, and hobbyists or also for want of a name "pro speculators" that can also draw heavily on reading comics and a depth of genre knowledge.

Somehow I think the former will be slower on the uptake here. Preacher potentially coming to life in other media fascinates me far more than something like Ultron featuring in the latest 3D marvel popcorn fest.

I pretty much own everything Preacher related and hope the show gets made so an Arseface mask might make it's way to a future SDCC but I have a question: can these reprints be considered the second third and fourth printing of issue one?

index_zps849eb8c1.jpeg

608641_zps3eb8cb75.jpg

966847_zps49af11af.jpg

Dug a bit further and the book actually sold pretty well from 1995 to 2000. It looks to be a book that actually gained readership out of the gates (similar to Y The Last Man). In fact, when the book finished at issue 66, it couldn't have been because of the sales, because for that month, it was ranked 26 on the sales chart.

I'm guessing what we are seeing here is a perfect storm. A book that was good (and liked) by many comic fans and our current "speculative" environment. I'm not convinced this book doesn't have room to run a little bit more.

I wonder if Bleeding Cool will do a follow-up article when the buyer of that raw 9.8 disagrees with the grade and takes Divad to the cleaners? :shy:

The buyer will be quite satisfied with the book - trust me. It's a hands down 9.8 :sumo::grin:

I wonder if Bleeding Cool will do a follow-up article when the buyer of that raw 9.8 disagrees with the grade and takes Divad to the cleaners? :shy:

The buyer will be quite satisfied with the book - trust me. It's a hands down 9.8 :sumo::grin:

Take it to the bank! (thumbs u

I'm just messing with you, but I personally would be scared calling a raw a 9.8 when selling on eBay, just a small ding or spine tick during shipping would ruin it.

Or he simply knows how to grade.

There are numerous boardies who I'd buy raw 9.8s from all day long :shrug:

Do I really have to post :jokealert: for you? Et tu Brute?

Nope . . . We're all good here :foryou: