• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Shiller Speaks

1,120 posts in this topic

I guess I am going to be the only one that says "a person cannot change who they really are". Look forward to your next "mistake".

You've never needed a second chance? Ever? (shrug)

I'm not going to say he's a changed man because only time will tell that but your post is like on the Christmas turkey with everyone watching at the table. lol

Except this isn't his second chance.

I'm all for people trying to redeem themselves, but I doubt his sincerity. His past actions spoke a lot louder than this "apology".

Future don't sell anything on here for a long long long time

And if you do, no more of the crazy prices with the "make an offer, this is just a starting number". That's screams, "Stay Away" IMO. You know the market, just price accordingly.

Good luck, nice to see you man up. (thumbs u

Absolutely. And what would we agree upon as a good amoutn of time for me to stay away from selling?

2 months?

Future don't sell anything on here for a long long long time

And if you do, no more of the crazy prices with the "make an offer, this is just a starting number". That's screams, "Stay Away" IMO. You know the market, just price accordingly.

Good luck, nice to see you man up. (thumbs u

Absolutely. And what would we agree upon as a good amoutn of time for me to stay away from selling?

2 months?

At least a year. People here have very long memories.

It's not like he came clean without being busted. Take a step back hippie

Oh, I know Chris. Still, everyone gets there in different ways, right? Some people get busted and learn the lesson, others make the decision before they're busted.

Still, as the old Chinese proverb says, a 1000 mile journey starts with the first step.

This is just step 1, nothing more. We'll see where he ends up.

I guess I am going to be the only one that says "a person cannot change who they really are". Look forward to your next "mistake".

I'm not going to say he's a changed man because only time will tell that but your post is like on the Christmas turkey with everyone watching at the table. lol

I'm all for people trying to redeem themselves, but I doubt his sincerity. His past actions spoke a lot louder than this "apology".

You're right joe, and I don't expect you to come around any time soon if at all. This apology was not meant to magically regain trust, it was simply me attempting to come clean and promise that I will do better from here on out.

It's not like he came clean without being busted. Take a step back hippie

Oh, I know Chris. Still, everyone gets there in different ways, right? Some people get busted and learn the lesson, others make the decision before they're busted.

Still, as the old Chinese proverb says, a 1000 mile journey starts with the first step.

This is just step 1, nothing more. We'll see where he ends up.

I hate you :foryou:

That's very a fair way to look at it. (thumbs u

Telling someone they are going to fail after they apologize is entirely different.

Still, everyone is absolutely entitled to their opinion and to share their feelings. It's what makes this place a community. :)

That's very a fair way to look at it. (thumbs u

Telling someone they are going to fail after they apologize is entirely different.

Still, everyone is absolutely entitled to their opinion and to share their feelings. It's what makes this place a community. :)

Don't think that my viewpoint here is in the small percentage of boardies here. There are lots of people here who will never even think about dealing with the OP ever again.

Don't think that my viewpoint here is in the small percentage of boardies here. There are lots of people here who will never even think about dealing with the OP ever again.

Oh, I completely agree with you on that too.

I don't think anyone has any illusions about it, especially the OP.

:)

Well, this thread is a pleasant surprise. I know that you're not the only person that shills their auctions but to come clean like this takes big cahunas but it's satisfying as heck.

I'm sure everyone is going to appreciate it.

Congrats on finding your way! Feels great, doesn't it?

And about this apology thread. Do you really think he would have come forward begging for forgiveness if he hadn't been brought up to be put in the Hall of Shame just a few hours ago? The timing of this thread seems very suspect.

I'm really sorry that you live your life believing that and all I can do is hope that I can change your view, by proving you wrong.

First, don't feel sorry for me. I have yet to EVER be proven wrong on human nature. How deceitful people can be never surprises me. The only thing that surprises me is how naive people are to folks such as yourself, but ultimately that is what makes a successful con artist. You are quite the con artist (thumbs u Just not a very successful crook lol

Well, this thread is a pleasant surprise. I know that you're not the only person that shills their auctions but to come clean like this takes big cahunas but it's satisfying as heck.

I'm sure everyone is going to appreciate it.

Congrats on finding your way! Feels great, doesn't it?

And about this apology thread. Do you really think he would have come forward begging for forgiveness if he hadn't been brought up to be put in the Hall of Shame just a few hours ago? The timing of this thread seems very suspect.

Actually, Joe, no I had no idea about the HoS discussion. I had been working on this post on and off since this whole thing went down.