• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Shiller Speaks

1,120 posts in this topic

I think he should be nominated for forumite of the year. What he did took a lot of courage.

Courage is what you do when no on is watching you. Changing his forum id for the brazillionth time and saying that he finally gets it is far, far away from courage.

I'm not sure who first said this, but whomever it was is spot on.

Rumor is what people say you are.

Reputation is what people think you are.

Character is who you really are when no one is around.

I think he should be nominated for forumite of the year. What he did took a lot of courage.

Courage is what you do when no on is watching you. Changing your forum id for the brazillionth time and saying that he finally gets it is far, far away from courage.

:gossip: I think he was being sarcastic

Courage is what you do when no on is watching you. Changing your forum id for the brazillionth time and saying that he finally gets it is far, far away from courage.

Hope so. I remember when Red Hook wanted to give Schnell an award for taking back a book he'd sold him without revealing it had been worked on.

I think you're right :)

I would have been more impressed if that apology ended with "therefore, I don't really deserve to participate in the buy/sell threads and will not go there again."

As it is, it just sounds like the apology is being done so the OP can benefit from it.

I'm all for forgiveness, but just because your deeds are forgiven doesn't necessarily mean all of your privileges are returned. My thoughts would be, stay as a member, but stay out of the B/S/T section.

I would have been more impressed if that apology ended with "therefore, I don't really deserve to participate in the buy/sell threads and will not go there again."

As it is, it just sounds like the apology is being done so the OP can benefit from it.

I'm all for forgiveness, but just because your deeds are forgiven doesn't necessarily mean all of your privileges are returned. My thoughts would be, stay as a member, but stay out of the B/S/T section.

That's why I told him to stick to eBay.

(thumbs u

-slym

Courage is what you do when no on is watching you. Changing his forum id for the brazillionth time and saying that he finally gets it is far, far away from courage.

Please don't taint this coveted award my good man. :cloud9:

get-attachment3_zps37c9675b.jpg

So here goes nothing.

Listen guys I fully understand that I have made a number of horribly questionable and despicable actions in the past on these boards, most notably the recent shilling scandal. I gave into the temptation to be defensive and attempt to justify my actions, when really there was absolutely none. Shilling is never ok, I understood what I was doing the whole time yet still decided to partake in this heinous activity. I've since made sure that no one lost any money as a result of my actions, and have more than learnt my lesson. I don't have any excuses, I don't expect any forgiveness, but I truly am sorry for this massive bludner on my part, and to anyone who I have affected financially, please contact me and I willl make it right.

I'd also like to take this time to apologize to anyone affected by my actions in the past, including but not limited to Kevin J, I know that I slighted you in a previous auction (the exact specifics slip my mind), but doubling the price on you after you had posted that you'd take it, is completely un acceptable behavior. If you'd PM me I'd love to discuss some ways in which I could possibly make some restitutions for my actions, I know it doesn't in any way make up for it, and I don't expect you to forgive me any time soon, but I generally am remorseful and want to try my best to make it up to you in some way.

Bosco I know I owe you a huge apology as well, trust me when I say that I've hated myself for how I treated you. I really messed up, there's really not much more that I can say than that, I did you wrong. I'd similarly like to make some inroads at possibly beginning to make things up to you, we can discuss the particulars in private, but just know that I know that I really messed up, and that I am truly sorry.

And to everyone else, let me start off by saying that I completely understand the onslaught of posts directed at me over the course of the last day or so. I know it might not seem like it to you, but I DO care about this board and this community. Ys, I've made some incredibly questionable moves, I've screwed over a few people, and done some outright bonehead things on here. Full stop, no excuses.

I hope some of you can see that at the core I'm an alright guy, who's made some bad calls, and hopefully can find it in yourselves to give me the cba ce to regain your trust. I fully understand that some of you may never trust me again, and I fully expect this post to be picked apart, but all I'm trying to do is come clean, admit my mistakes.

Drew Kim

Considering the above it's better to be a lurker :preach:

So here goes nothing.

Listen guys I fully understand that I have made a number of horribly questionable and despicable actions in the past on these boards, most notably the recent shilling scandal. I gave into the temptation to be defensive and attempt to justify my actions, when really there was absolutely none. Shilling is never ok, I understood what I was doing the whole time yet still decided to partake in this heinous activity. I've since made sure that no one lost any money as a result of my actions, and have more than learnt my lesson. I don't have any excuses, I don't expect any forgiveness, but I truly am sorry for this massive bludner on my part, and to anyone who I have affected financially, please contact me and I willl make it right.

I'd also like to take this time to apologize to anyone affected by my actions in the past, including but not limited to Kevin J, I know that I slighted you in a previous auction (the exact specifics slip my mind), but doubling the price on you after you had posted that you'd take it, is completely un acceptable behavior. If you'd PM me I'd love to discuss some ways in which I could possibly make some restitutions for my actions, I know it doesn't in any way make up for it, and I don't expect you to forgive me any time soon, but I generally am remorseful and want to try my best to make it up to you in some way.

Bosco I know I owe you a huge apology as well, trust me when I say that I've hated myself for how I treated you. I really messed up, there's really not much more that I can say than that, I did you wrong. I'd similarly like to make some inroads at possibly beginning to make things up to you, we can discuss the particulars in private, but just know that I know that I really messed up, and that I am truly sorry.

And to everyone else, let me start off by saying that I completely understand the onslaught of posts directed at me over the course of the last day or so. I know it might not seem like it to you, but I DO care about this board and this community. Ys, I've made some incredibly questionable moves, I've screwed over a few people, and done some outright bonehead things on here. Full stop, no excuses.

I hope some of you can see that at the core I'm an alright guy, who's made some bad calls, and hopefully can find it in yourselves to give me the cba ce to regain your trust. I fully understand that some of you may never trust me again, and I fully expect this post to be picked apart, but all I'm trying to do is come clean, admit my mistakes.

Drew Kim

The problem is:

1) This isn't the first issue with you.

2) Shilling is a fairly sophisticated, premeditated crime; not a mistake or a spur of the moment lack of judgement.

3) You didn't come forward on your own, you were caught.

4) You just changed your profile name in an attempt to hide your prior crimes.

I believe in redemption, but all I see here is manipulation from a guy who is smart enough to know that he has no other recourse other than admission and apology because he wants something.

BOOM! Nailed it! I am about giving second chances in life for certain situations, but when it comes to money, and scamming people out of money that's not one of them. If anything this post tells me that its OK to screw people out of money until your caught, fess up to it for awhile, then you can come back and screw people over again. The logic of some boardies never ceases to amaze me. How can anyone say "great first step for you" ..thats like saying to the other people he ripped off "hey sorry you got ripped off but he apologized so were gonna give him another shot if he behaves"...unbelievable logic

You are just lucky that I refused that award this year ;)

pizapcom1046480212593451141384697952166_zpsdd894905.jpg

:grin:

The photoshop took you 2 hours and you can still see parts of oakman29

lol

The photoshop took you 2 hours and you can still see parts of oakman29

lol

My Jaws gif took a week and it still looks like hell lol