• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ottawa Pop Expo (Dec. 7-8)

54 posts in this topic

Hey gang,

I don't think anyone has posted a thread for this event, so please allow me.

The Ottawa Pop Expo is only a few weeks away (Dec. 7-8)!!!

It boasts an interesting guest list, especially if you're a WALKING DEAD fan, with LORI, AXEL, DARYL, HERSHEL, and TONY MOORE scheduled to be there. And so far, no cancellations (that I know of). :whee:

Ottawa is a really nice city. I'd like to move there one day. Grab the family and come on over!!!

I'm going to selfishly plug myself now. :devil:

I've got 3 booths (floor plans to come), and I'll be selling mostly TPBs/HCs and modern back issues. There will be some SA, BA, and CA books, but 85% will be from the last decade, and I don't have any slabs I intend to sell. I'll be focusing more on selling to the readers out there.

I got bored so I bought up some collections recently (good way to catch up on modern books after a 3-4 absence from the hobby), and now it's time to sell.

TPBs/HCs will be 40% off of US cover price, and the cheapie bins will consist of $2 books with runs of such things as ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN, ULTIMATE X-MEN, MIGHTY AVENGERS, MOON KNIGHT, INCREDIBLE HULK/HERCULES, MS. MARVEL, RUNAWAYS, UNCANNY X-MEN, AVENGERS INITIATIVE, PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL, PUNISHER MAX, INVINCIBLE IRON MAN, WOLVERINE, WOLVERINE ORIGINS, etc...

The "better" bins will have runs of DEADPOOL, HARLEY QUINN, NEW AVENGERS, CAPTAIN AMERICA, BATMAN, MARVEL NOW titles, IDW/s TMNT, etc... There are also some low grade SA and BA FFs, plus some low grade SA GIANT BATMAN-related books, early GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (including the 2nd appearance) issues, etc... I also picked up an uber high grade original owner run of ASM #298-365. Sadly, the #300 is only about 9.0. I am going to send a few to CGC (298, 299, 361, and perhaps a few others). There are definite 9.8 (and possibly higher) candidates!!! By far the nicest run I've ever owned of these books. I swear the original owner NEVER opened them.

I'll also have several boxes of sets including CIVIL WAR, CIVIL FRONTLINE, SECRET INVASION, IRREDEEMABLE ANT-MAN, AGE OF ULTRON, KICK- 2, CROSSED, WORLD WAR HULK, SIEGE, etc...

Visit my FACEBOOK comic book page and keep up-to-date with the books I'm selling and any other pertinent info relating to the upcoming con. I will offer some promotions via the page, so please stay tuned!!!

I'll be there. The guest list is pretty good and the comic dealers who came to the last one were awesome. I'll probably drop by your booth like I do with all the comic sellers.

(thumbs u

The floor plans should be available by tomorrow. I'll post my booth numbers asap.

I knew I had to do something today! Ugh

Huh? Are you working for the con?

No, I just forgot to reserve tables and now I'm playing telephone tag. :(

Ah, good luck.

Please let me know if you get any (and the booth #s). I'll try and drop by and say "hi". Also, another bordie was inquiring about table availability despite the sold out status.

I'll be there. The guest list is pretty good and the comic dealers who came to the last one were awesome. I'll probably drop by your booth like I do with all the comic sellers.

(thumbs u

The floor plans should be available by tomorrow. I'll post my booth numbers asap.

Best of luck with this. Sadly I won't be able to make it but wish I could.

Cheers

Sanj (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Best of luck with this. Sadly I won't be able to make it but wish I could.

Cheers

Sanj (thumbs u

Hey, thanks!

Where have you been?

I must admit I lost interest in attending when Larry Hama dropped off the guest list. It was his planned attendance at the Spring Comic Con that got me back into my comics and eventually onto these boards, but that's 2 cancellations in a row. There's really no one else on the guest list that I'm interested in, so I'm not sure about paying the admission fee just for the privilege of shopping dealer tables. I think I'll be a game time decision on this one.

It's on the site. Has a "cancelled" label across his pic.

I may go for a day or so, but like Josh, I'll probably make it a game time decision.

Not a fan of the guest list either (except Sarah Wayne Callies :cloud9:).