• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taming Galactus - How Marvel Uses Graphs to Model Its Universe

7 posts in this topic

This popped up on Hacker News last month, but I'm only now getting a chance to post it here. Don't let the title fool you -- you don't need to be in IT to enjoy it; aside from a very quick, very basic tutorial on graph theory, the rest of this talk is an extremely approachable look at how Marvel models its universe. I found it interesting, and I hope that some of you do, too.

And just in case you ARE in IT, here's a link to the W3 proposed schema he talks about at the end.

Alan

Sad that it takes an IT professional to sort out Marvel's mess when they could have just required that editors do their job.

Or even simply a group of good writers/artists actually loving the characters. ;)

Evidence seems to indicate that isn't enough since many artists and writers say that editors force changes on them that interrupts storylines and cause complete rewrites.

DG