• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about grading a superman 33 with tear

3 posts in this topic

Hey there!

I'm new to the forum so be gentle :)

I've been collecting for a while now, mostly golden age comics...

My question is this:

I have a superman 33 in amazing condition, except for one thing: There's a huge rip on the back cover (5 inch long). Nothing is teared off, no part of the back cover is missing, its simply teared from the bottom to the middle of the back cover, vertically. (just like if you would start tearing a sheet of paper in two but then stop half way)

How much would that affect the grading? Without this back cover damage, I would conservatively say it's at least 8.0.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot guys!

Welcome!

Scans or photos would help, but if it is otherwise an 8.0 unfortunately a tear of that size will seriously impact the grade, likely no better than 4.0. The time of book that might be given a qualified grade. On the positive side, it probably has a FMV a little higher than it's technical grade if that is the only serious flaw.