• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the pain of submitting a book you are convinced will grade high

55 posts in this topic

You know what's worse than submitting a book that gets a grade lower than what you expect? Submitting a book that you have no reason to believe has resto, you log on to your CGC account, pull up the invoice, and -- surprise! -- it's PLOD.

Hate when that happens.

You know what's worse than submitting a book that gets a grade lower than what you expect? Submitting a book that you have no reason to believe has resto, you log on to your CGC account, pull up the invoice, and -- surprise! -- it's PLOD.

Hate when that happens.

Or brittle pages when you know they aint.

Hate when that happens.

Or worse. Crack a blue lable CGC book for pressing and having it come back PLOD. Thats a kick in the azz.

Hate when that happens.

Or worse. Crack a blue lable CGC book for pressing and having it come back PLOD. Thats a kick in the azz.

Ughhh this makes me sick to my stomach.

I also feel motivated to ask, why is it that technical grade is what we most value? Clearly we do, myself included.

I definitely don't. I specifically look for books with good eye appeal and lower technical grade. Stains are my favorite. Just got this book from Bedrock and couldn't be happier. In the mylar it looks like NM, but a stain tanks the grade. In a 9.4 holder I never would have purchased it. As a 6.0 or 7.0 or whatever it is, it's right up my alley. 95% of the bang for 30% of the buck.

Eye appeal over grade every time!

spaceadventures10_zps422b930d.jpg

I also feel motivated to ask, why is it that technical grade is what we most value? Clearly we do, myself included.

I definitely don't. I specifically look for books with good eye appeal and lower technical grade. Stains are my favorite. Just got this book from Bedrock and couldn't be happier. In the mylar it looks like NM, but a stain tanks the grade. In a 9.4 holder I never would have purchased it. As a 6.0 or 7.0 or whatever it is, it's right up my alley. 95% of the bang for 30% of the buck.

Dr. Strange :cloud9:

True dat. Much of what I have owned I never would have touched if graded solely on technical grade. Nice buy!