• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nov heritage auction.

329 posts in this topic

Planet #15 GVG brittle pages went for just under $4500

I was the underbidder. :cry:

I just couldn't go higher for a Brittle book. Not even slightly brittle, but full on brittle. Sure looked nice though...

No idea how I'll ever get a copy of that book for my run. I better start working out more and eating better. Out living you all is my only hope now.

I got blown out of the water on that book as well.

MY max was 3K.

Somebody just had to have it.

I am wondering if the fact that it was used in the gerber books had anything to do with the bid on it.?

I just couldn't go higher for a Brittle book. Not even slightly brittle, but full on brittle. Sure looked nice though...

No idea how I'll ever get a copy of that book for my run. I better start working out more and eating better. Out living you all is my only hope now.

MY max was 3K.

I thought you already had one? No wonder I got crushed. :(

MY max was 3K.

I am wondering if the fact that it was used in the gerber books had anything to do with the bid on it.?

Nothing

MY max was 3K.

He is such a fickle crusher.

MY max was 3K.

Such a tough book and the other copy I had a chance at cost just as much but had a fully split and retaped cover. Likely a 0.5-1.0. I just kinda closed my eyes when I hit the button.

MY max was 3K.

I don't know if I should be offended or just grossed out.

MY max was 3K.

I don't know if I should be offended or just grossed out.

Congrats on the #15!!!

MY max was 3K.

Such a tough book and the other copy I had a chance at cost just as much but had a fully split and retaped cover. Likely a 0.5-1.0. I just kinda closed my eyes when I hit the button.

I thought you had bought that taped up copy earlier in the year when it surfaced. So I deluded myself into thinking I had a chance at this one.

Oh well, I'm off to get some exercise walking my dogs and have a healthy lunch. Time to start implementing 'Plan B'.

MY max was 3K.

Glad one of us "Planet boardies" won it. Grats.

It looks to have great colors on the cover which presents beautifully.

The brittle pages do concern me, but I would leave it in the slab encapsulated if it was my book.

MY max was 3K.

Glad one of us "Planet boardies" won it. Grats.

It looks to have great colors on the cover which presents beautifully.

The brittle pages do concern me, but I would leave it in the slab encapsulated if it was my book.

Imagine what would happen if Jeff had it pressed.

I just picked up the Superman #2. High price to pay, but I'm happy to add it to my collection.

I would be, too. It's beat, but complete. Nice pick up. (thumbs u

Thanks! Riding high, but some mixed emotions. I had to double the last GPA to get it (although that was three years ago).

Here are my winnings:

Planet20_zps5f7ee607.jpg

Planet23_zps829289e6.jpg

and...welcome home my Venus 19 4.5

I owned this book for several years, bought it from Goldust and sold it and regretted it ever since. Glad to have it back and this time it stays!

Venus19_zps8981402e.jpg

my raw scan:

Venus19-1.jpg

Good example of what Heritage does to their scans to punch them up to. My scan looks lifeless and dull in comparison. :)

Here are my winnings:

Planet20_zps5f7ee607.jpg

Planet23_zps829289e6.jpg

and...welcome home my Venus 19 4.5

I owned this book for several years, bought it from Goldust and sold it and regretted it ever since. Glad to have it back and this time it stays!

Venus19_zps8981402e.jpg

my raw scan:

Venus19-1.jpg

Good example of what Heritage does to their scans to punch them up to. My scan looks lifeless and dull in comparison. :)

That's a great haul.

I just picked up the Superman #2. High price to pay, but I'm happy to add it to my collection.

Thanks! Riding high, but some mixed emotions. I had to double the last GPA to get it (although that was three years ago).

Well, considering that the two sales of 1.8s this year went for $2,125 and $3,466, I think you did ok. With a book like that, getting a deal is tough.

I know the feeling. I ended up paying the same price as the 6.0 Venus 19 to get my own 4.5 back!

Massive sellers remorse on the book.

I know the feeling. I ended up paying the same price as the 6.0 Venus 19 to get my own 4.5 back!

Massive sellers remorse on the book.

But a very pretty copy that will easily hold its value. I'll be quite surprised to see another any time soon, so you did absolutely the right thing.