• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Miller Daredevil

75 posts in this topic

I was considering picking up the new Daredevil Omnibus reprinting the Frank Miller run, issues 158-191 but I honestly know almost nothing about these books. Is it a really good read? I've really never even gotten into anyting daredevil aside from the Tim Sale/Jeph Loeb Daredevil Yellow.

So what's the consensus, this a good book to pop my DD cherry on or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks appreciate it.

That run is available on Marvel Unlimited. My advice plunk down the 9.99 on a month of unlimited and read the run there. Hell you can get a year there for half the price of the Omnibus. Its readable on a tablet phone or computer.

That run is available on Marvel Unlimited. My advice plunk down the 9.99 on a month of unlimited and read the run there. Hell you can get a year there for half the price of the Omnibus. Its readable on a tablet phone or computer.

I'm sort of a sucker for a gigantic hardcover though. I can't bow out the shelves on my bookcase with digital comics :whee:

Hahah I live in a tiny condo in NYC so don't have room for non collectables (granted I know the omnibus are collected) Do a one month trial and start reading the run. If you like it, pick up the omnibus, if not then you are out $10 bucks plus you can read other books in the mean time :)

I was considering picking up the new Daredevil Omnibus reprinting the Frank Miller run, issues 158-191 but I honestly know almost nothing about these books. Is it a really good read? I've really never even gotten into anyting daredevil aside from the Tim Sale/Jeph Loeb Daredevil Yellow.

So what's the consensus, this a good book to pop my DD cherry on or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks appreciate it.

Best story line frank miller has ever written was Daredevil.

Pick up the Daredevil Born Again IDW Artist Edition. You won't regret it.

I was considering picking up the new Daredevil Omnibus reprinting the Frank Miller run, issues 158-191 but I honestly know almost nothing about these books. Is it a really good read?

:ohnoez:

^^ ^^ ^^

What he said. (thumbs u

Check out Daredevil Born Again. I like it even more than Miller's First Run!

Thanks appreciate it.

This is awesome.A great read.

I'm always shocked when I see a comic book fan ask if Frank Miller's Daredevil run is any good or worth reading. I just assume that any self respecting fan of superhero / Marvel comics has already read it.

Has it really been 30+ years? It doesn't feel like it came out that long ago.

Thanks appreciate it.

I would say it depends on the type of stories you like, and your willingness to stretch your frame of reference away from the usual artwork found in Super Hero books. This one's different. The art isn't pretty, but the storyline becomes darker, and grittier, and the artwork compliments the storyline very nicely.

I'm always shocked when I see a comic book fan ask if Frank Miller's Daredevil run is any good or worth reading. I just assume that any self respecting fan of superhero / Marvel comics has already read it.

We're old.

-slym

We're old.

-slym

Speak for yourself gramps :preach: