• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what should I buy?

103 posts in this topic

Darkhawk 1 9.8 candidates especially news stand editions. I'm itching for a DH 1 in 9.9.
I see plenty of these or at least I think I do

I'll pick one up next time

News Stand in high grade are sooooo scarce.

This is true. Am I responsible for your (hopefully not) futile 9.8 News Stand quest? :eek:

'But it is a heavy burden. So heavy that none could lay it on another. I don't lay it on you. But if you take it freely, I will say that your choice is right".

Darkhawk 1 9.8 candidates especially news stand editions. I'm itching for a DH 1 in 9.9.

This is true. Am I responsible for your (hopefully not) futile 9.8 News Stand quest? :eek:

'But it is a heavy burden. So heavy that none could lay it on another. I don't lay it on you. But if you take it freely, I will say that your choice is right".

Perhaps....I do believe at this point I have a better chance of simply walking into Mordor than finding a 9.8 newsstand of Datkhawk 1. I'll take a 9.9.

Now I might be the reason the 9.8 universals are priced so high on eBay. I noticed a quantity increase I'm available BINs after a few auctions I won.

Perhaps....I do believe at this point I have a better chance of simply walking into Mordor than finding a 9.8 newsstand of Darkhawk 1. I'll take a 9.9.

Now I might be the reason the 9.8 universals are priced so high on eBay. I noticed a quantity increase I'm available BINs after a few auctions I won.

You got the quote right away. :applause:

I'm always watching the ebay Darkhawk #1s, so you're that guy!

Maybe a WTB on the News Stand 9.8? Couldn't hurt.

Why Preacher? Something going on there?

Talk of an AMC tv show in the last month, Seth Rogan's production company apparently had a productive pitch with AMC, who's looking for new programming.

http://tvline.com/2013/11/16/amc-preacher-comic-book-series-pilot/

If Seth Rogan plays a part it will likely fail.

Seth Rogan is only good at playing Seth Rogan.

Perhaps....I do believe at this point I have a better chance of simply walking into Mordor than finding a 9.8 newsstand of Datkhawk 1. I'll take a 9.9.

I was just going to get Darkhawk #1 as I know I see those, wasn't going to search out the newstand print per se but will try

You are going to hate this but a few months ago when I had recently joined these boards I had this huge 90s collection I picked up from a storage hunter. There was a lot of Darkhawk in those boxes. I figured it was all 90s drek and ending up giving it away to the Salvation Army. I doubt there were any newstand copies as the books were mainly from a comic book store collection so everything was Direct. Were there any #1s ? Probably only a few like 1-2. If I knew then what I know now.

I did browse the WTB threads prior to giving up the majority of the collection (took up too much space) so maybe you should post in the WTB for the next guy, you never know.

I am going on a little buying excursion and going to be hitting several stores. What are the hot modern/copper age books that I should be looking for? I don't want to buy brand new stuff, but books with a little age on them.

You know what I collect.

I would love a complete list of all the 90s drek that is now worth more than a quarter. I've got a dozen long boxes of books I had planned to burn at the campfire tonight.

You can probably donate them to a library or kid club. Not 100% on how it works but I think you can claim $1 per book (cover price) and net yourself a $0.25 tax savings (if your in the 25% tax bracket) for doing nothing.

Why Darkhawk?

It seems there is a craze on everything 'Dark...'.

Can this be argued logically?

Character/design/powers are awesome. A few years back played a decent role in a cosmic storyline.

Underused character right now but with his cosmic ties and history with Nova I could see him get some play in the movies one day.