• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what should I buy?

103 posts in this topic

I would love a complete list of all the 90s drek that is now worth more than a quarter. I've got a dozen long boxes of books I had planned to burn at the campfire tonight.

You can probably donate them to a library or kid club. Not 100% on how it works but I think you can claim $1 per book (cover price) and net yourself a $0.25 tax savings (if your in the 25% tax bracket) for doing nothing.

I wouldn't want to ruin comics for kids by subjecting them to that drek.

I would love a complete list of all the 90s drek that is now worth more than a quarter. I've got a dozen long boxes of books I had planned to burn at the campfire tonight.

You can probably donate them to a library or kid club. Not 100% on how it works but I think you can claim $1 per book (cover price) and net yourself a $0.25 tax savings (if your in the 25% tax bracket) for doing nothing.

I'll pay shipping costs and you send them to me?

I have a similar problem.

I just bought a copper collection and in order to access all the #1 copies of a particular title I had to buy the surrounding issues.

I now have nearly 100 copies each of New Warriors # 8, 9 and 14. :sick:

My fear is that Goodwill would sucker someone into buying them as a "collectable". No idea what to do with them...

My only thought on Preacher is that the price has jumped on it because of the AMC rumor so you might want to wait till the market settles a bit. Definitely should be bought though, one of my favorite bronze age books along with Sandman :)

Yes, but he's going to shops, where if they still have copies it will likely still be marked at $10-$20 as per OPG, not the $75+ it is going for on ebay.

I am going on a little buying excursion and going to be hitting several stores. What are the hot modern/copper age books that I should be looking for? I don't want to buy brand new stuff, but books with a little age on them.

Wait, I thought you were a comic book dealer?

:o

:baiting:

Dark Horse

Dark Horse Comics presents 24

Dark Horse presents annual 1998 nn

Dark Horse Presents fifth anniversary special

San Diego Comic Con Comics 2

Vertigo

Y the last man 1 2

Preacher 1 2 3

Preacher preview

100 bullets 1