• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

This is my 2nd post been looking many years after i saw the books Gatoer and Adam had the Action 7 i joined to get a copy.

I know Bob since i was 15 now im 50, I have not seen Bob in years but when i was 16 i went to Pier 39 in San Fran and Bob traded me my first Golden age a copy of Action 10 for 300.00 still have the book today.

I had Mark Wilson restore the book along with my Det 1 and 27 and all my books i had at the time mid 80s.

Im to new to have any say but would Like to wish Bob great luck and hope he does the right thing good luck Bob your freind Harold.

Folks the the two BB's are part of the founding fathers of our comic book history.

we must pause, and bow, to men whose status, that NO BOARD member will ever …. achieve…… The Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Testla, Ridley Scott. and Gator of their time…….20th century comic book legends: the 2 BB's

What about Zeus and Hercules??

Sidebottom truly was a character. His demeanor at the shop was hilarious. After my Dad would drop me off to hang out Sidebottom would let me hang out in the back room so I could catch up on my underground comix reading. He had one of the last "old school" comic shops around with stacks all over the place, and windows jammed high with stuff. My pal, D--ick Swan filled me in on the goings on with Bob's stuff after he passed. Incredible stuff!

Sidebottom truly was a character. His demeanor at the shop was hilarious. After my Dad would drop me off to hang out Sidebottom would let me hang out in the back room so I could catch up on my underground comix reading. He had one of the last "old school" comic shops around with stacks all over the place, and windows jammed high with stuff. My pal, D--ick Swan filled me in on the goings on with Bob's stuff after he passed. Incredible stuff!

Uh-huh, in the back room with undergrounds, eh? :/

Bob sidebottom was a real character .... He had his San Jose store very early on and then Carmel .... He told me a story about him Carmel store and. Clint Eastwood . Clint's son collected mad magazine. Clint and son come into his store and they want to buy a stack of back issues. Instead of Clint going in his pocket and taking out a stack of 100 dollar bills he and his son spend 10 mins agreeing on 20 different chores the kid must do to get the stack. They did and was veery impressed with Clint as a real dad,,,

Bob sidebottom has passed away quite some time ago....what was found at his house was .... Well quite the talk,,,,, many many years ago..,,,

wow good job Clint (thumbs u

Great story.

G.A.tor and Adam after looking at the pics from the last con i still want a copy of Action 7 to go with my 10 .

Adam knows my e-mail or knows how to e-mail me thru e-bay and said when things slow down he would contact me.

I have been in comics in the SF area for years growing up lot of you know me from then stoped collection in early 90s and started in 1998 just buying what i need

We need more pics of great golden age on this site i love the time machine post there was a back cover post early and i know its the same back cover as my Action 13 since mine is VG unrestored missing the back cover coupon so if we could have some good news and post some great Golden age pics from cons that would be great Thanks

Uh-huh, in the back room with undergrounds, eh? :/

lol! If you had seen what my Dad did to my Zaps when he found them you'd understand why I hid in the furthest recesses of that back room to catch up on my reading. After my Dad flipped through my Zaps, Despair, Sn-atch Comics, and the rest, I think he was ready to return me to the hospital for a refund on a defective, demented kid. lol

G.A.tor and Adam after looking at the pics from the last con i still want a copy of Action 7 to go with my 10 .

Adam knows my e-mail or knows how to e-mail me thru e-bay and said when things slow down he would contact me.

I have been in comics in the SF area for years growing up lot of you know me from then stoped collection in early 90s and started in 1998 just buying what i need

We need more pics of great golden age on this site i love the time machine post there was a back cover post early and i know its the same back cover as my Action 13 since mine is VG unrestored missing the back cover coupon so if we could have some good news and post some great Golden age pics from cons that would be great Thanks

you can always PM me for action 7 info...might be a tad more than $300 you got your 10 for, though :)

G.A.tor I dont know you but dont tell me its going to cost me 400 now?.

I did have a copy Action 7 I got from Gerber himself I went to Mark Wilsons house he retored my Det 27 and Batman 1 only did trades back then so i traded him My Action 7 unrestored vg and Det 34 unretored Fine for the work back in 84.

The 27 was Fair 1.5 copy spine was beat bad dont remember that good. I had it graded by PGX it only got 4.5 restored grade But my Tec 1 got 8.0 and my Batman 1 got 8.5. the were both vg/fine unretored copys.

I had bought a high grade unrestored Det 10 and 12 from Sparcle city thru the CBG back in 89 had them graded 7.0 with M and 8.0 with M restored thought they were unretored till they got graded never looked for resto.

I had a VF copy of Superman 14 few spine stress that i took black marker to wonder if that could be undone.

I have coverless Marvel 1 missing last page i need page for.

I never pm my eyes went bad few years ago need glasses to read anything cant even read txt butt i never carry a pair wish there was someway to give you my info dont know if its ok to give e-mail out dont know the rules just love Golden age.

Im undr bdww at ebay have a good bird day and we will talk soon.

Remember in use to paying the 90s prices on things?

Tonight I am gonna post a great tale of the 2 BB's and the 2.2 million piece collection and over 3 millions dollars……..

sure to be more dangerous to a pacemaker than a microwave.

If I were Matthew, I would not be thrilled to see this thread taken over by warm and fuzzy recollections of yesteryear. Perhaps until his books or refund materialize, a different thread would be more appropriate. 2c