• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

I am working on the two BB's post but I have so much info I am still gathering that I will try to post it tomm( thur)

Take your time, Mitch. Take a long time. Be sure you word everything beautifully, with punctuation to perfection. Don't rush this one, it's going to be a classic. You know, today is Thanksgiving, and Christmas will be here soon...then New Years Eve, followed by Valentine's Day and then Easter. Maybe best to shoot for after Easter to post this classic, classic thread. Then we, the readers & inheritors of this classic, classic thread, will have the opportunity to soak if up like mops.

May I suggest May 1, 2014 as the awesome day of publication? :wishluck:

He has until Saturday to have the first 300 in the mail Mitch. Bob gave his word to Mark Zaid. They are already seperated from the rest of the he has to go through. It's no great task to put them in a couple boxes and call ups to arrange a pickup, or drop them off himself. Anyone in this forum could probably do it in 15 minutes or less. He promised Saturday for at least the first 300. I expect a tracking number by then. "Not realistic" is just silly.

As of Wed, yesterday, Matt, Bob has told me that he is going with the "original" plan of one shipment ONLY. Since some of the books are still in the other location, he has two truckloads left and he is getting pressure from the other LL to move out asap, he is first gonna transport and then open up. He worked to 2 am on Tuesday, and was working at his new wherehouse last night.

Again, please don't set deadlines that he is not gonna meet.

My guess is if mark z is involved it is pre lawsuit/litigation time. Mitch if you have bobs ear I would suggest bob complete whatever he agreed to with mark. I know if I was Matt I would have already filed felony lawsuit! (Not directed at bob but any seller that would put any buyer in this situation )

" I believe Bob is going to stick to the original plan and send all the pulps in one time in less than 30 days. Given the fact that he is still unpacking, I don't think Sat is a realistic goal for the complete shipment. So, he has about 25 or so days left to come thru. As least as I know of as of today when I spoke to him. He still has some pulps in boxes that he needs to transfer and unpack. He was working in his where house tonight which is a very good sign.

I am working on the two BB's post but I have so much info I am still gathering that I will try to post it tomm( thur) "

So just to get this straight, you are going to post which will probably be history on some important comic collecting history from Mr. Beerbohm. And your going to post it in this thread, so when people search for San francisco collection or whatever it is you will be writing about, it will be directly linked to this debacle?

Do you think this wise? Do you think this will help Mr. Beerbohm? Incredible (thumbs u

Why NOT?

Please do not forget the title of this thread….anyone hear from B. B lately?

Well, Yes I did……and

we talked about 1 million different things…..

and he reminded me about many persons who have since "left" our great comic book world..

and for the man who discovered the first american comic book in the 1800's which debunked the Famous Funnies etc claim…….

Let him speak…….because when he does…….the room stops, people stop talking….just like the E.F. HUTTON

Firstly, it's a warehouse, not a wherehouse. Your repeated mispelling of that word is just irritating the heck out of me for some reason.

Secondly, he gave Mark Zaid his word. Bob will either keep it or he won't.

Lastly, Bob is free to bother to pick up the phone when I call and tell me how "blah blah blah, Superman is awesome, my hips hurts" whenever he wants, but I'm no longer accepting communications through you. He's done enough ostriching and a 60 year old man can speak for himself if he wants. He has an account here. And the ability to answer his cell phone.

You want to help the situation. Call him up and irritate the hell out of the guy until he gets off his . Or stay out of it. Hell, buy some comics from him yourself. Bob needs the money and you love the guy right? But no more defending the guy. No more making excuses on his behalf. He's not a three year old. He can speak for himself.

Mitch,

Happy Thanksgiving.

Based on the seemingly endless tales of Mr. B's lack of honesty that have been brought forth, I don't think anybody reading feels any assurance at all when you report back to us what he tells you. But the banter that results is extremely entertaining, so carry on. (P.S. :gossip: - it's 'warehouse' - not 'where'house.

My guess is if mark z is involved it is pre lawsuit/litigation time. Mitch if you have bobs ear I would suggest bob complete whatever he agreed to with mark. I know if I was Matt I would have already filed felony lawsuit! (Not directed at bob but any seller that would put any buyer in this situation )

Talked to Mark via PM, what a great guy and a real asset in our comic book world. I explained to him as best I could, what Bob related to me as a more workable timetable. Gator it is not of question of whether the books are gonna get sent out, it is just a matter of when. Being a 20th century ICON, I am sure you can understand the complexities of life……and nothing is ever perfect.

Firstly, it's a warehouse, not a wherehouse. Your repeated mispelling of that word is just irritating the heck out of me for some reason.

Secondly, he gave Mark Zaid his word. Bob will either keep it or he won't.

Lastly, Bob is free to bother to pick up the phone when I call and tell me how "blah blah blah, Superman is awesome, my hips hurts" whenever he wants, but I'm no longer accepting communications through you. He's done enough ostriching and a 60 year old man can speak for himself if he wants. He has an account here. And the ability to answer his cell phone.

You want to help the situation. Call him up and irritate the hell out of the guy until he gets off his . Or stay out of it. Hell, buy some comics from him yourself. Bob needs the money and you love the guy right? But no more defending the guy. No more making excuses on his behalf. He's not a three year old. He can speak for himself.

Beat me to it.

Talked to Mark via PM, what a great guy and a real asset in our comic book world. I explained to him as best I could, what Bob related to me as a more workable timetable. Gator it is not of question of whether the books are gonna get sent out, it is just a matter of when. Being a 20th century ICON, I am sure you can understand the complexities of life……and nothing is ever perfect.

Look for this in the Ask Gator thread.

It is now and forever wherehouse…despite my spell check going crazy….As a CD, LASER DISC, collector………I can thank Wherehouse for my star wars collectors set in which the manager had to personally order for me, go thru a lot of red tape…..it took 2 months….,I will never forget that, plus I hit the female jackpot not once but twice….looking for CD's….ah the younger days….

he gave Mark Zaid his word. Bob will either keep it or he won't.

100%

It is now and forever wherehouse…despite my spell check going crazy….As a CD, LASER DISC, collector………I can thank Wherehouse for my star wars collectors set in which the manager had to personally order for me, go thru a lot of red tape…..it took 2 months….,I will never forget that, plus I hit the female jackpot not once but twice….looking for CD's….ah the younger days….

Ah, the less senile days.

I personally find it really disappointing (but expected considering what we're hearing here) but bob has apparently unilaterally decided to go back to one shipment plan after giving Mark his word.

To me that shows its not going to happen.

I would also suggest that it very well might mean Bob gets sued here shortly. I don't think Mark got involved just so that Bob could make him look bad.

Ah, the less senile days.

Mitch isn't senile. I do think he's backing the wrong horse here in a big way simply because he knows the wrong horse well.