• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Maxx yellow #3 ashcan

15 posts in this topic

Maxxyellowfront.jpg

Maxxyellowback.jpg

I dunno what the white dots are, probably my scanner, and same with the small black dot near the top.

The bottom smudge or whatever is actually on the comic.

There are rust on the staples, just a little bit on the outside, a bit more on the inside and a tiny bit on the pages. The bottom staple seems a bit worse than the other, but its really not much, just a tiny bit.

Thanks for looking :)

Rust on a modern should never technically happen. But there it is.... My best guess is living near an ocean and improper storage could totally destroy any metal given time.

Anyone have a suggestion on the rusty staples. I am confident of pulling them and installing new ones myself, however, I DO wish to submit this book and I dont want to qualify for restoration. And again, I want to preserve the comic. Is there going to be further damage by leaving the book the way it is and slabbing it, or would restoring it be the best overall option to keep the grade its at now?

I wouldn't recommend removing the staples, and trying to insert new ones....could be a disaster. Also curious why you really want it slabbed? I generally only slab if I feel it's high-grade...

Storage mainly, and its such a rare issue as well.

The covers on this are just fantastic. I spent some time cleaning, and they are brilliant. The black marks came right off after one pass.

More than good enough for me. I am not going to even touch the front, the ink is so raised and thick, I don't want to chance it chipping or something.

Will post new scans of the back later. Have to clean my scanner lol

One thing is certain. The rust on the staples will not improve. I would send it to Matt Nelson and have him replace them. Label be damned. Just ask yourself this: What would you do if this was 1999?

:shrug: what happened in 1999?

One thing is certain. The rust on the staples will not improve. I would send it to Matt Nelson and have him replace them. Label be damned. Just ask yourself this: What would you do if this was 1999?

smiley-signs082.gif Like it's 1999

There was no CGC.

topstaple.jpg

Black dot is from me in paint. I really suck with that program.

Anyways, here it is blown up. From a reality visual viewpoint, while you can see transfer...there really isnt much of it.

I am a bit of a perfectionist though...once I figure how to get rid of stains...well we shall see if I totally destroy this or not lol