• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions about pressing.

27 posts in this topic

Pressing won't help books with:

Rusty staples

Tears

Color breaking creases

Fading

Color touch

Foxing

Dust shadows

Water Stains

Miscut books

A pressing does no guarantee an upgrade.

A pressing, if done properly will enhance technical grade and visual appeal.

A pressing is not the second coming of Christ. It really comes to having a good eye and playing the numbers game.

looks like the thread has been answered.

i've been here less than a year and i appreciate a good discussion unfortunately "pressing" has a worse effect on collectors than on the comics

Hey guys, can someone tell me the difference between say, a 'Regular' Press and say a 'Quick Press' such as say offered by CCS?

I'm just wondering what the big difference is...Thanks!

Awesome question. When I emailed CCS customer service to ask, they just reprinted the jargon from the website.

Hey guys, can someone tell me the difference between say, a 'Regular' Press and say a 'Quick Press' such as say offered by CCS?

I'm just wondering what the big difference is...Thanks!

I've tried both services and speaking from personl experience, I think a 'Quick press' is exactly as it sounds: press and done. Whereas the 'Regular' Press takes more time, and i've seen some 8.0s turn into 9.4s and so forth. I don't know the level of work involved in regular pressing, but I imagine they really fine inspect all the imperfections and make every attempt possible to press them out on multiple instances.

I thinks thats why they offered QuickPress services for modern books because most moderns typically have less imperfections than say the SA or GA books in the market. Just my thoughts :preach: