• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOLVERINE #20 VARIANT COVER EDITION MIA ON WEST COAST

18 posts in this topic

From Newsarama:

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19753

225 copies of the variant cover book were not sent out from Diamond's Los Angeles warehouse, which means that nearly every LA account that qualified for copies didn't get them.

From Newsarama:

225 copies of the variant cover book were not sent out from Diamond's Los Angeles warehouse, which means that nearly every LA account that qualified for copies didn't get them.

Look for them soon on an eBay near you!

From Newsarama:

FYI Not just LA but NOR CAL as well. 893whatthe.gif

From Newsarama:

FYI Not just LA but NOR CAL as well. 893whatthe.gif

"....virtually every Diamond account that is serviced by the LA warehouse....."

thumbsup2.gif

I guess those stores are screwed

Well, Marvel reps are saying they will get more... eventually.

What does that mean? It either means that there will be an ultra limited 2nd printing or that they have additional copies of the first printing that were not given to Diamond.

What does that mean? It either means that there will be an ultra limited 2nd printing or that they have additional copies of the first printing that were not given to Diamond.

Im betting they have extrra copies

MY LCSO said " Marvel, frown.gif told me they plan to 'make it up to him 893whatthe.gif. wink.gifconfused.gif"

He also said , " For what that is worth" 27_laughing.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifscrewy.giffrustrated.gif

If they print up more to replace the lost 225 than wouldn't it cause the book to be less rarer than before? I mean the ratio is 1-65 now but printing more would make it like 1-63 etc. Thats a poor guess on my ratio but I'm sure you understand my question...I hope smile.gif

If they print up more to replace the lost 225 than wouldn't it cause the book to be less rarer than before? I mean the ratio is 1-65 now but printing more would make it like 1-63 etc. Thats a poor guess on my ratio but I'm sure you understand my question...I hope smile.gif

Just guessing here... but 1:65 seems like a clear indication to me

that they will be printing 130,000 regular books... and 2,000 variant,

since 2,000 is such a nice round number,

and since 130,000 would be about double

the normal sales figures.

If that is the case, and if they need to print 225 to replace the missing books,

then the ratio would be about 1:58, since 130,000 divided by 2,225 is 58.4...

However, if for some reason they do "go back" and print an additional 225,

be ready for someone to scrutinize those "new books" with a microscope and find

some miniscule difference making the 225 "rarer" than the "rare" original 2,000.

Why don't they just make Wolverine Museum Editions and get it over with? tongue.gif

some miniscule difference making the 225 "rarer" than the "rare" original 2,000.

Hey, come off it, you guys. Can't you see this must be part of Marvel's master variant plan all along. They just got tired of doing regular variants every month in which any speculator could pick them up just by having a loose wallet. screwy.gif

You'll now have the 225 variant within a variant which will just have the speculators ready to peee their pants. Never know, Marvel might just make another mistake and print only 200 copies of this variant within a variant. This will no doubt necessitate a further print run of 25 copies of a variant within a variant within another variant. screwy.gifscrewy.gif

Heard the speculators just had a big big explosion in their pants!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Hey, come off it, you guys. Can't you see this must be part of Marvel's master variant plan all along. They just got tired of doing regular variants every month in which any speculator could pick them up just by having a loose wallet. screwy.gif

You'll now have the 225 variant within a variant which will just have the speculators ready to peee their pants. Never know, Marvel might just make another mistake and print only 200 copies of this variant within a variant. This will no doubt necessitate a further print run of 25 copies of a variant within a variant within another variant. screwy.gifscrewy.gif

Heard the speculators just had a big big explosion in their pants!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

This sounds like something Marvel would do but as a variant collector I would not seek out a 225 Wolverine #20 variant 893naughty-thumb.gif

Kind of speculating between the lines but COULD that mean that the LA accounts DID get some of 450 that were sent out? (As I say, speculating between the lines but dang things can be interpreted so many ways!)

Variant of a Variant?!?! Isn't what the Wizard World Texas Wolverine #20 is anyway? If every advance order gets one of these only in Texas then what would be the rarity of it, assuming that there attendance numbers will be higher than last year. I'm going anyway just for some autographs, but when it's all over, how much do you try to sell this thing for if it's sketch variant of a 1 in 65 variant??? I'M CONFUSED!!!!!

tonofbricks.gif