• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Umm..oops!

25 posts in this topic

I'm sure there are a great many books out there that would not receive the same grade as they currently hold. The SCS is just too common an occurance.

I agree I ntoiced one of Greggy's DC 100 pagers in 9.6 appeared to have some slab damage.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to mostly. flowerred.gif
Welll...the only way you could see them is if I was selling them so acclaim.gif

I don't know the bottom right corner/edge doesn't look too happy.

616698-JLA113.jpg

You're assuming that it got damaged in the slab! acclaim.gif

how does something like that happen?

That's the old style CGC case, back before they came up with the inner well--the type that's a lot like a really loose Mylar. They used that back in 2000. The "sonic sealing" they use around the edges isn't a permanent, tight seal and can be penetrated with not a great deal of force.

The book isn't necessarily damaged.

FF; does that upper edge look impossibly perfect??? it also seems like an unusual miscut for a DC with that comics code seal barely fully fitting onto the cover?!?! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif (and i know you can't tell from a scan, but it just jumped out at me).

FF; does that upper edge look impossibly perfect??? it also seems like an unusual miscut for a DC with that comics code seal barely fully fitting onto the cover?!?! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif (and i know you can't tell from a scan, but it just jumped out at me).

Not necessarily; overhang doesn't exist on every Silver Age book. I'm not sure what you mean about the comics code symbol...DC Silver code symbols are a little bigger than Marvel's and are often much closer to the top and right edges.

I'm sure there are a great many books out there that would not receive the same grade as they currently hold. The SCS is just too common an occurance.

I agree I ntoiced one of Greggy's DC 100 pagers in 9.6 appeared to have some slab damage.

616698-JLA113.jpg

Well, we know it graded 9.6 ... and I don't believe CGC would give it a 9.6 today - do you? It's your choice: CGC can't grade worth a lick, or this book was damaged by the slab after encapsulation...

616698-JLA113.jpg

Well, we know it graded 9.6 ... and I don't believe CGC would give it a 9.6 today - do you? It's your choice: CGC can't grade worth a lick, or this book was damaged by the slab after encapsulation...

blush.gif