• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

30 in 30 - Day 22: What I'm Thinking About Right Now

5 posts in this topic

What is the next move?

So, there are a few books in my collection that I enjoy, yet I cannot seem to get over how some of them don't fit in with my collection and main focus. I keep flip-flopping on whether or not I should part with these books, it's good to have a little variety but then again there is that side of me that strives for focus and order. I've also been tempted to pursue those Claire Voyant issues I wrote about on Day 14 and 17, maybe selling some of my "non-focused" issues could help with this? The so called wheels keep turning in my head so to say on this. I've also thought about selling some books to raise funds for camping gear, mountain biking equipment, hiking gear, etc. Why sell comic for this? I can still read my raw issues and graphic novels; do I need so many slabs? Is it not about the experiences? Is life not to enjoy? What if I pursued the outdoors as my main hobby instead? But then again, sell some comics?

Don't get me wrong, life is good, and I'm always thinking about what my next move is going to be, how I'm going to challenge and better myself. I know there are some great opportunities ahead for me both personally and professionally. I know this journal may seem random, as if I'm panicked, I have not set aside any books to sell, these are just my thoughts at the moment, after all, part of the idea of the 30 in 30 series was to not only write about various topics in comics but to also write about what I'm thinking about presently in terms of comics and my collection. Thanks for listening.

Brandon

14736.jpg

See more journals by Brandon Shepherd

Beautiful trail/path leading to the zenith of the mountain range or perhaps into the very fabric of the sky.

Life's kinda like that photo... One's gotta think about the big picture and what it really means.

And like the photo... the horizon divided... equal parts earth and equal parts sky... and perpendicular to it... split down the middle by the path, we need this triangular balance... we need to remind ourselves of realignments.

It can't always be about comics!

SW3D

Well said friend, well said! You're absolutely right about the big picture and how we need to remind ourselves of the realignments.

Here is another view of the trail.

26268_524320556061_7186861_n.jpg

Here is the top...

544963_596915719771_544636625_n.jpg

...and when you turn around, you see that there is a new path to follow.

581133_596915829551_817329225_n.jpg

I remember as a child always hearing terms like "God's Country!" or something like that. I always wondered what that really meant.

Perhaps it is simply a profound sense of being while in the midst of such inspiring beauty?... For one cannot help think of divine things! I really don't know, but those photos suggest a world with so much to offer.

With that in my backyard, I don't think comic books could hold my attention for very long. All I can think about is my best girl, a dog, my friends, the fresh air, a healthy lifestyle... and that would be enough.

I could do a lot of writing up there... just me and my laptop... getting lost in thoughts.

You are one lucky dude!

SW3D

Thanks bro!

It is easy to lose yourself in your thoughts up there, my first time climbing the trail (3.25 miles) in 2010 took me an hour and a half to reach the top, after a year I was able to make it to the top in 40 minutes or so. People are always so nice on this trail (and nature in general) and I have thought about how these are the same people that cut you off in traffic or *spoon all over people in retail settings (or online forums), there is definitely an element to nature that can bring out the best in us.