• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Preview #11 Club

29 posts in this topic

Got this reading copy from a local convention, what I would like to know is how come Marvel Preview #4 gets more attention (and appreciated in price), when #11 is a major part of his origin story? His half-alien lineage from the time his father comes to earth and the story why his mother gets assassinated is revealed here.

0PWd4Bw.jpg

hm

It's not his first appearance end of story.

ah sorry i phrased it wrongly, what i meant was shouldn't have Marvel Preview #11 risen a couple more $$$ than it's current average selling rate in ebay and other auction sites since it's his origin story and 2nd appearance? considering also that a GOTG movie is coming out.

1st appearances are expected to be on top anyway. what about the rest of the key issues like 2nd appearances and origin story combined in the case of Star-Lord.

Movie hype usually just affects the first appearances. People tend to focus on just one book unless there is cameo vs full or the Rocket Racoon comic book vs comic magazine first appearance after such a long absence between the two. Origins and spaced out first vs second appearances don't often see movie bumps. Also he is on the cover of his first appearance and had a number of magazine appearances before appearing in comic book format. Also he doesn't get his current costume until much later. If he got that look in this book maybe it could see a bump but it's just not the case.

Movie hype usually just affects the first appearances. People tend to focus on just one book unless there is cameo vs full or the Rocket Racoon comic book vs comic magazine first appearance after such a long absence between the two. Origins and spaced out first vs second appearances don't often see movie bumps. Also he is on the cover of his first appearance and had a number of magazine appearances before appearing in comic book format. Also he doesn't get his current costume until much later. If he got that look in this book maybe it could see a bump but it's just not the case.

i see. thanks for the detailed explanation (thumbs u

Best part of this book is the Austin inks on Byrne pencils

You're welcome

yes that's right. :grin:

I like the story too :)

Sucks just like you.

Cool book. Hard to find in NM. Is the Heinlein quote mentioned on the CGC label? I can't tell? That unto itself is a great story. Does anyone have access to the Heinlein vs. republished #s for this? Not that cost is effected much but I've always looked for the the former - though I only have a couple of copies.

Cool book. Hard to find in NM. Is the Heinlein quote mentioned on the CGC label? I can't tell? That unto itself is a great story. Does anyone have access to the Heinlein vs. republished #s for this? Not that cost is effected much but I've always looked for the the former - though I only have a couple of copies.

No mention of Heinlein on the label. I have a couple extra raw copies..one with the cover blurb, one without. I feel silly that I never noticed it until now. Do you happen to know the story behind that?

Here's a good synopsis of the story. In a nutshell, Heinlein didn't give permission to be referenced as the inspiration for Quill or the story. His people contacted Marvel and had the book pulled - marvel had the cover reprinted without the reference. Kind of a cool little tidbit.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2009/02/12/comic-book-legends-revealed-194/

Here's a good synopsis of the story. In a nutshell, Heinlein didn't give permission to be referenced as the inspiration for Quill or the story. His people contacted Marvel and had the book pulled - marvel had the cover reprinted without the reference. Kind of a cool little tidbit.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2009/02/12/comic-book-legends-revealed-194/

Thanks for the info, very neat stuff :)